OFC not working properly

FloatnFly

Lew was having problems earlier around dinner time...haven't heard back yet if he still has...

Thanks Norm, turns out it was my Adblock causing the problems like others have mentioned. I used my wife's tablet this morning and was able to log onto OFC and read this post.

Interesting as I installed Adblock a month ago and it's been working great until yesterday when I couldn't open the posts here, yet everything works fine on all the other sites I visit.

Disabled Adblock for this page and we're good to go.

Edited by lew

Thanks Norm, turns out it was my Adblock causing the problems like others have mentioned. I used my wife's tablet this morning and was able to log onto OFC and read this post.

Interesting as I installed Adblock a month ago and it's been working great until yesterday when I couldn't open the posts here, yet everything works fine on all the other sites I visit.

Disabled Adblock for this page and we're good to go.

yep, same thing, worked perfect the day before yesterday, so something has either changed with adblock, or this site.

this was not an issue until yesterday, this is the one im running https://www.getadblock.com/

and this is what i see when its turned on

20150326_211740_zpsnzbt8xwz.jpg

Me too! We all understand that ads generate revenue, and I have a list of advertisers that are "permitted", however looking at ads for completely irrelevant goods and services takes away from the enjoyment of this site's content.

Someone please fix this.

Had to log in with IE to post this. Site hasn't opened for the past 4-5 days in Chrome....I too have AB but it has worked fine with it in the past so someone must have changed/done something to this site in past week or so.

Hope it is corrected as I prefer using Chrome and don't want to disable AB.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

problem is you are asking them to help you not see ads that pay for the site, their only means of making money to buy the bandwidth and software upgrades

I can't see them jumping on this problem

they are most likely cheering

I understand completely the need to generate income to support the site. Most sites have the same problem. What I was told by some members yesterday, is they won't be taking down their adblocker. If they aren't viewing, the site still looses revenue revenue stream.

if someone would rather not come to the site then remove their ad blocker, that is their choice

that would be like saying I like the site and use it but I won't support it

of course if they have never seen or clicked the ads then leaving changes nothing and no loss of revenue