What you giving your honey for Valentines Day

LostAnotherOne

I'm lucky to be married to a girl who isn't a fan of Valentine's day - she calls it the day that a lot of men use to try and make up for what they do (or don't do) the rest of the year, so we have never treated it as anything special.

Instead, I show up with flowers at random times during the year for "no reason at all" and get a lot more mileage out of that. It's been working for 35 years so i must be doing something right

I wasn't going to get her anything.. But last night, she told me she has already bought me something. So know I need to starting thinking about something.

I'll hit up Victoria Secret on my way home Friday. Get her something pink.

When Sue and I first got together we both had debts and not a lot of money left over so the very first Valentine's day I couldn't afford to give her much but I did give her a single red rose because she was the "One and Only", (and it was all I could afford) and I cooked her a nice dinner dinner of fresh trout (her favorite food is anything to do with fish).

33 years later and I still give her a single red rose because she is still the One and Only and I am still cooking her a really nice dinner. This year it is going to be scallops, crab legs, lobster tails, and a maple crusted salmon fillet with a side of brown and wild rice. I'll probably pick up a bottle of her favorite red wine too (I realize that red wine isn't supposed to go with seafood but it does go with the red rose LOL).

What Sue gives me in return...... I'll never tell :wub:

When Sue and I first got together we both had debts and not a lot of money left over so the very first Valentine's day I couldn't afford to give her much but I did give her a single red rose because she was the "One and Only", (and it was all I could afford) and I cooked her a nice dinner dinner of fresh trout (her favorite food is anything to do with fish).

33 years later and I still give her a single red rose because she is still the One and Only and I am still cooking her a really nice dinner. This year it is going to be scallops, crab legs, lobster tails, and a maple crusted salmon fillet with a side of brown and wild rice. I'll probably pick up a bottle of her favorite red wine too (I realize that red wine isn't supposed to go with seafood but it does go with the red rose LOL).

What Sue gives me in return...... I'll never tell :wub:

And TRUST me this man can COOK..........his screen name should be CHIEF CLIFF .... :worthy: