Only one lure. What would it be?

Acountdeleted

Len Thompson five of diamonds. Catches everything and is cheap to buy.

Can't believe it took 3 pages for someone to mention this. Good ole five n' diner can't be beat. This lure is a Canadian classic.

I girl I used to go to school with only uses that and swears by it. She says it outfishes everything.

Sounds like i need to pick up a few of these

We did something similar to that a few years back. We had a Dollarama derby.

We should do it again. But different then the dollerama derby.

Any gear you choose but you have to use the lure mentioned in the thread.

Pats on the back for the biggest of each species. Then add the lengths up.

Whos go to lure is the best of the all lol

My buddies and I have always talked about doing a three day trip where everyone only gets to bring one lure .... well, maybe a handful of the same lure. We've never done it, but due to this thread we are gonna try it this year.

I LOVE the idea of a thread where the folks on here post pictures of fish they caught on their chosen lure .... it would be really fun to see how it plays out over the season.

I must admit though, the jig and twister crowd will most likely have the best results.

The bait that will catch the most fish day in and day out is a 5 inch Senko type worm.

I want mine with a 3/0 EWG hook and if it's not cheating I'd like to carry a few split shot.

Surface lures are fun, but if that's all you got, there are going to be some long days.

Crank baits and jerk baits are great, but there are summer days when you are going to retrieve move weeds than fish. There's also the question of depth...unless you're throwing a sinking bait, you are stuck within a depth range.

Inline and bent wire baits and spoons have to be kept moving. Anything that spins doesn't work that well around weeds, and on some days, the flash will put the fish down.

Jig are deadly, and would be my second choice. The problem is I wouldn't want to be stuck with only one profile all season and everywhere...You can drag, hop or swim a jig, but if you're stuck with one profile and one weight /style of jig head this isn't going to allow that much versatility..

Enter the Mid-size worm either mid-brown or dark green. It can be fished on top, in the middle or on the bottom. The variations are almost endless...

Move it fast, slow, or not at all.

Hooked weedless or wacky or as a drop shot.

Change the profile by splitting it in half length-wise for a finesse drop-shot.

Bite off a chunk to reduce it's length and profile.

Perhaps even add a second worm to bulk-it-up.

Etc. etc. etc.

The bait that will catch the most fish day in and day out is a 5 inch Senko type worm.

I want mine with a 3/0 EWG hook and if it's not cheating I'd like to carry a few split shot.

Surface lures are fun, but if that's all you got, there are going to be some long days.

Crank baits and jerk baits are great, but there are summer days when you are going to retrieve move weeds than fish. There's also the question of depth...unless you're throwing a sinking bait, you are stuck within a depth range.

Inline and bent wire baits and spoons have to be kept moving. Anything that spins doesn't work that well around weeds, and on some days, the flash will put the fish down.

Jig are deadly, and would be my second choice. The problem is I wouldn't want to be stuck with only one profile all season and everywhere...You can drag, hop or swim a jig, but if you're stuck with one profile and one weight /style of jig head this isn't going to allow that much versatility..

Enter the Mid-size worm either mid-brown or dark green. It can be fished on top, in the middle or on the bottom. The variations are almost endless...

Move it fast, slow, or not at all.

Hooked weedless or wacky or as a drop shot.

Change the profile by splitting it in half length-wise for a finesse drop-shot.

Bite off a chunk to reduce it's length and profile.

Perhaps even add a second worm to bulk-it-up.

Etc. etc. etc.

That's a pretty good analysis!

I think a good quality paddle tail swimbait would also be a good choice, using similar logic.

That's a pretty good analysis!

I think a good quality paddle tail swimbait would also be a good choice, using similar logic.

A paddle tail on a weedless bass jig, with a matching skirt would be an outstanding big fish bait. Multi-species, weedless, fishes all depths. Hop it, swim it, or drag it...The only short fall is size, half the time it will be too big or too small,. You can cut some off or trim the skirt to make it look smaller,. It needs to be moving to work the tail, but on a lot of days, it might be best. Over the summer it might very well win weight, but not numbers.

I'm going to use a split-shot right next to the knot when I want to do shaky head...grin.

Speaking of shaky heads...Have you ever tried the Z-man baits?

They float so the tail is always pointing up.

I'm in Arizona and have been using their finesse worms on a 1/16th ball head jig with good results this winter.