Spring fishing and boat show

Handlebarz

I went to the Spring Show in 09 intending to pick up a couple musky baits but came home with a new Skeeter instead.

The day cost me a tad more than I planned on spending :lol:

Lew just think of the memories that your skeeter has brought and the new name you went from Rainbow Lew to Skeeter LOL and not to mention I see a lot of smiles from the old boat. Are you going to get down to the show?

you went from Rainbow Lew

I still laugh every time I think of the nasty nasty PM I received after making that post, that was some really funny stuff Mike :lol::lol:

No, I won't be going to the show this year, I don't fish much anymore and don't use even a fraction of the gear I have now.

Maybe it's time for a garage sale LOL

It would be nice to see you Sunday morning Lew, its a whos-who of the Muskie world, and your smiling face should be there!

Thanks Dax, it's definitely a great day but I don't think I've been to the show since I moved up here 5 years ago.

No deals anymore and when you figure in entrance fees, parking, food and beverage you payed more then double for anything you bought there.

And now with Cabela's in the area why bother to go and pay to see the same stuff Cabela's has everyday on their shelves.

Edited by Mister G

No deals anymore and when you figure in entrance fees, parking, food and beverage you payed more then double for anything you bought there.

And now with Cabela's in the area why bother to go and pay to see the same stuff Cabela's has everyday on their shelves.

Awesome news cabelas just started to carry handlebarz woohoo.

Is this going to be another thread where guys constantly complain about prices and how it's not like it was in the 80's? Reality check folks, it's NEVER going to be like that again, get over it, lol.

I love going to the fishing show, and I rarely ever spend $$$ on tackle there.

guys shows in winter are a great break from canuck winters. as for products. normally the new and latest styles and colors appear. as for pricing on products ,please remember lure builders are hostages also. parts/pieces go up every day. when canadien dollars fall parts are more expensive.smaller and custom builders have a love,cause it certainly isn't buying them a better cut of beef for the table..

I'll be in a booth with impact baits. I'm only going to be there myself on the Friday and Sunday.

Two days the whities will be safe.LOL

Good on ya bud for getting them baits out there.

Best of luck.

B

Is this going to be another thread where guys constantly complain about prices and how it's not like it was in the 80's?

80,s

I was looking at the 70,s prices and the fun we had then.LOL