cooking thread...

20150512_194236_zpsje1skept.jpg

A lil better pic so the sausage doesnt look like burnt bear turds???

I fried the sausage first with some garlic and red wine vinegar(just a touch)

Then finished it in in the broiler with some buttered buns

Edited by manitoubass2

I've been a little remiss in getting a report up on my smoked brisket and corned beef.

I will in time share how delicious they were but right now I'm getting ready to grill this 2' thick, 8oz bacon wrapped beef tenderloin.

I'm about to introduce it to a 700* BBQ for three minutes on each side. :D

A tossed salad and baked potato are awaiting it. ;)

4tqaFik.jpg

Last night was creamy breasts of chicken and shrimp over black organic rice with a side of fresh asparagus from a buddy's garden.

But I did not take any photos, as my wife was watching.......................and she still finds it odd that I would take a picture of food to put up on a fishing website........

BTW cooked black rice looks EXACTLY like mouse crap. I sent a small baggie with my wife to take to her work this morning to put beside a colleague's computer mouse.............. :whistling:

I am in search of the perfect vinaigrette salad dressing. Several years ago when Sue and I were on a cruse I didn't like any of the offerings on the menu so I asked the waiter if the chef had a decent vinaigrette, he just smiled and brought some out for me to try; it was awesome! So good in fact that I had a tossed salad with the viniagrette dressing every night and so did most of the people at our table. I did ask for the recipe but never did get it. I have tried many and made many but none quite as good. So if you happen to have a special super vinaigrette would you please share it.

Raspberry vinaigrette is where its at.

I only make two three bottles a year though(not alot of fresh raspberries in the area)

Ill post up my recipe if it sound good to you?

Yes Please

Oh also blueberry is too die for

That one too

Big Cliff

I have found the Olive Garden has the best

This is very close

http://www.food.com/recipe/olive-garden-salad-dressing-food-network-kitchens-copycat-373848

Will give it a try tomorrow.

Past few nights the focus has been on the veggies. I especially love asparagus season. I'll buy buckets of asparagus tips at market just to steam and drown with garlic butter as a side dish with anything. Last night the side was jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and crab. Tonight I was serving sweet and sour marinated cucumber. I'm hoping some of the Mennonite farmers will start harvesting some fresh spinach soon.

Edited by bigugli

You guys are sure bringing your "A Game" to this thread. Tonight,Beer Brined chicken thighs,corn on the cob,potatoes,peppers & onions all done on the grill 122_zpsddyxqufl.jpg

Boy that looks good! Next time you are doing corn on the grill; husk it, toss it in a bag with a bit of olive oil (not the extra virgin stuff) just to give it a light coat of oil then grill it (takes about as long as doing a burger) turn it every minute or two. The sugar in the corn will start to caramilize and some of the kernals might get slightly black but OMG is it ever good.

I find the easiest and best way to cook corn on the grill is to take scissors and just cut off the silk sticking out of the husks (to prevent burning) and put them on the grill and let them steam in their own husks for about 5-10 minutes.

Take them off with the rest of your meal and leave them in their husks to stay hot until you're ready to eat them.

In bad weather conditions when you don't feel like grilling they also cook up REAL nice doing the same thing but using your microwave for about 3 minutes or so, only now you don't have to cut off the silk to prevent burning.