cooking thread...

back to mr b, yes I am quite aware of the distances. But postage is not THAT much more for a package from Ontario than it would be for one from Alberta. I mail fairly heavy packages quite frequently and the difference might be ten bucks.

Of course, your case of relish that cost twenty-five bucks will be fifty bucks or better by the time it hits YK..........

Do you know any member of the military up there? There are flights to and from Edmonton with some regularity and they might be able to help you out. (If Edmonton has the relish you want...........)

Doug

Lol

Nah man, grilled brussel sprouts are awesome!

They rock. I usually brown some garlic in a bunch of butter, then saute them in that. Holy geez, talk about mouth watering.

I'm doing chicken parm tonight, anyone have a kicka$$ recipe?

Edited by BillM

To Bill,

Pound boneless chicken boobs flat with a meat tenderizer. Be sure to put the chicken in plastic wrap when pounding. Be sure that the chicken is pounded evenly, so there are no spots thicker than other areas.

Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper onto the flattened chicken and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Batter the chicken with flour, then egg wash (with water added to thin it out) then your favorite crumbs... panko works really well.

Fry that chicken like you would fish. till golden brown. Once golden brown, just add your favorite tomato sauce then shredded cheese (again your choice) and pop it into the oven on broil.

Enjoy....

HH

Last nights simple and quick dinner.

The last of the "Faux Farm" fresh eggs, much to my surprise they were double yolkers. :)

The last of the smoked pork chops and of course beans (in hindsight I should have had some fresh slice tomatoes as well).....

Tonight, bacon wrapped tenderloin.

ohpy8ln.jpg

I5y8l7I.jpg

To Bill,

Pound boneless chicken boobs flat with a meat tenderizer. Be sure to put the chicken in plastic wrap when pounding. Be sure that the chicken is pounded evenly, so there are no spots thicker than other areas.

Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper onto the flattened chicken and let them sit in the fridge for a few hours.

Batter the chicken with flour, then egg wash (with water added to thin it out) then your favorite crumbs... panko works really well.

Fry that chicken like you would fish. till golden brown. Once golden brown, just add your favorite tomato sauce then shredded cheese (again your choice) and pop it into the oven on broil.

Enjoy....

HH

Thank you sir!

I'm doing chicken parm tonight, anyone have a kicka$$ recipe?

Im confussed, your italian, you cant cook?

Oh wait, mamas boy.LOL :tease:

Bill, for a small donation of gold, I can teach you. :lol:

Great reply Joe. Tomatoe sauce, parma cheese and a thin sliced roasted red peppers. You can use yellow as well. They taste awesome and add great flavor.

So back to Bill, small gold bag? LOL

Okay, while I didn't exactly create it, it is a bacon wrapped something.

Started with veggies for the grill and a near 2" thick bacon wrapped beef tenderloin.
Everything grilled with the exception of the garden tomato which was drizzled in a balsamic/olive oil with a bit of fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt.

Grilled zucchini, grilled sweet potato and grilled green pepper and one very rare hunk of bacon wrapped beef.

Did you notice the veggies HH. ;)

11825628_1511663965760999_65820495644546

11216569_1511663975760998_46117115926368

11846648_1511663999094329_23338490971411

11204953_1511663989094330_16181201129082

Ok olive lovers, you have to try these. Buy bulk. It takes time but all are amazing!

Got this recipe on a moose hunt where the tradition is everyone brings a unique food for all to taste

20150628_142616_zpsaexuf0ga.jpg

So I manged to find some bulk olives at a wholesaler, but in a plastic 4l container. Hopefully these will work well enough. Price was right at $18

olives_zpsrc1ir9mw.jpg

I'm not too sure about the plastic reacting with the oil, so I'm actually thinking of splitting them up into 4 1 liter mason jars so I can try different recipes and use glass instead. Does anyone have any other ideas on different spices etc. I could add as well? Maybe onions.Tks

Cheers

It all started with that. I checked out all sorts of other recipes online and that gave me lots of ideas. So I made up five different batches in quart mason jars. Three of them I just made up myself, one I found on line I added to a bit, and my first one was Ricks #3 recipe with a bit extra olive oil added. The kitchen smelled great that afternoon as for 4 of the batches I was toasting seeds in a SS pan and then adding oil and spices to simmer for two minutes and then got poured into the jars hot. I used different combos of peppercorns, coriander seeds, mustard seed, fennel seed, allspice berries, juniper berries and celery seed. Lots of garlic and heat mixed in and different herbs. Even citrus in two of them.

I think I'm most intrigued with #4. Toasted celery seeds, 20 sliced wild garlic, hot chili powder, smoked paprika, cajun spice, cumin, chipolte powder, tarragon leaves and orange peel slices. Everything simmered in hot oil for 3 minutes and then added to the olives.

So here's my quandary, and I'm blaming it all on Rick lol. He's the one who said to wait for two whole months before eating. It's now been a full month. Two weeks in a cabinet in the basement, and now two weeks in the fridge. They get turned everyday. But I'm not sure how long I can wait lol. I'm so tempted.

spiced%20olives_zps6rt23xll.jpg

Well I'm at it again, once was not enough.

Smoked Brontosaurus Ribs.

Like last time I started with with a can of apple juice, then added two cored pears and two cored apples, left the skin on this time. Also added half a green pepper, one large onion, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, 1/2 cup bacon grease and later a 1lb of bacon crumble and a dash of my buddies "Ya Man" sauce (ghost peppers).

Ribs are in the smoker and will be placed in the slow cooker later along with the reduced and pureed sauce.

11863310_1512124802381582_31368319403240

11870819_1512124995714896_62725462494028

Ok olive lovers, you have to try these. Buy bulk. It takes time but all are amazing!

Got this recipe on a moose hunt where the tradition is everyone brings a unique food for all to taste

I love olives, must try out those recipes, thank you much. ;)

I love olives, must try out those recipes, thank you much. ;)

That post was from me lol.

Give credit where credit is due???

His personal alterations on some are gonna be interesting! I bet there all gonna be wicked!

He only used my recipe in one( if you go back spiel youll see i posted 3 different recipes

Nvrmnd here it is

20150628_142616_zpsaexuf0ga.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2