I pilot spot lock - how precise?

landry

i have a terrova with the I pilot and use the spot lock all the time. just love it . it doesn't hold you completely in the same spot but I would say it keeps you in a 20 foot radius of where you set it. seem to triangulate and if you watch your gps, the display should show you how you move about. I just love it and if you can adapt it to your motor, go for it.

i use it constantly, the only dowfall is that when the wind is really ripping, the head can get over twisted when it is constantly trying to make corrections. I love it though when I am cruising close to reefs or shoreline. Ill be tossing baits out and get a hit or a miss, hit the anchor button and boom im right back on the fish

Spot Lock on the Terrova is the "Best"

Works as advertised.

Just make sure your forward motion has stopped before hitting the "Spot Lock"

With the boat moving forward the Terrova turns backwards in search of the "Spot" and will get you going in a zig zag pattern

Terry You will love it for deep water jigging. No more dealing with 150 feet of anchor rode!!!

Makes moving a whole lot easier

Terrova is very easy to deploy and stow, Also with the I Pilot on the Terrova you can use either the remote keyfob or the foot pedal

is this a terrova exclusive feature?

No the xi5 is also made with anchor lock it is rated as being better than the Minn Kota however it is all about what brand you like. The xi5 should be considered as it can also be linked to a lowrance HD2 or newer unit. This also comes with a wireless foot control as well as a hand fob. With the link up with the Lowrance you can plot a course and it will navigate the plotted course.

I researched it and upgraded to the xi5 because of the support and features that are now and in the future possible with the lowrance motorguide union.

Art