Open water in Kawarthas?

Fisherpete

Pigeon Lake (at least south of the causeway) is totally covered in ice, what I can see of Buckhorn from my house (Youngs Cove area) is totally covered in ice. Chemong is mostly open, but shorelines may be iced.

Access to any ramps may be trouble, there's a lot of snow on the ground up here...

I was thinking about tomorrow too... Anyone know how balsam looks around rosedale?

We broke ice to get out of nogies last weekend... Has to be locked by now. Not sure how the launch in bobcaygeon is looking, but imagine there's ice on the west side too.

anyone know if otonabee in peterborough is ice free?

I'd imagine it is Boss, there's lots of current flowing down there right now. Clear & Katchawanooka never did freeze last week and their the last 2 lakes draining into the river.

Edited by lew

Couple cold nights with low winds coming up. If it is fishable now, might not be by sat . Really hope it is.. The weekend forecast is looking good as of now.

I'm driving through rosedale fri night regardless. If no one gets you an update Pete I'll check back here and let you know how it looks.

Pete, I will give him a call in the morning for you. Sturgeon is pretty much open, there are some ice flows but mostly in protected areas. A thin skim of ice in sheltered bays this morning but that was it for new ice. -7 tonight so it might thicken a bit.