Too much musky stuff ......

lew

Jeeez, I'm just getting all my musky gear together in the basement for this weekends opening and the pile seems to grow every year, even though I tell myself every year that I don't need anything else, yet I continue to buy :whistling:

I gave away, plus sold a bunch of stuff this year, yet I still seem to have more.

This doesn't even count the 80 odd bucktails that spend the winter in the boat, or all the stuff stored at the trailer.....good thing I own a Safari van.

Good luck to all youz other musky guys hitting the water this weekend. :Gonefishing:

Cnv2011.jpg

Oh yeah,want to see all the bass stuff I got. L M A O

Lew I have been in yer boat,lets just say,I was thankful you cleaned off the back casting deck. :Gonefishing:

May you catch many toothy critters this year.

BTW You need a carpenter to fix those drawers? LOL

Edited by misfish

I'll take those plows and the 10" believer off your hands :whistling::whistling:

Actually Paul, that's a 14" Believer and you can take it off my hands for $40

As for the Plows, I'll sacrifice them to you for $80 a piece :D

Sometimes I'm sooooooo envious of bass fishermen and their $6 baits :P:Gonefishing:

good luck this wknd and season Lew. I know all about this 'disease' too. Funny thing is I can justify each purchase in my mind, but the girlfriend doesn't always get it.

Sometimes I'm sooooooo envious of bass fishermen and their $6 baits

Hey they all arent 6 bucks,sometimes we pay 7 or 8 bucks.LOL

Im sure I,ll be up there this summer Lew.The wife has some working weekend this year so I might as well go fishing.LOL

Lew,

$6 baits... Maybe for some of them, but even for those, we need like 6 of each colour due to those pesky toothy critters of yours. We also need about 30 rods and reels each for various applications. There may be a more expensive fish to chase after, but the bass is certainly up there in terms of costs...

Losing something like a Megabass Vision 110 ($30 USD apiece) to a slimer is about enough to make a grown man cry. Not because of the cost, but because of how hard they are to find up here.

Talked to a bassin' friend and his bait count was at 58 plano 3700 trays full. Yup, FIFTY EIGHT!!! That does not count the unopened stuff on pegboard. lol, rather ridiculous and nuts and he's sorta reserved compared to some other friends.

Luckily I have much more self control than they do so I'm well under the 50 Plano tray mark if you don't count spinnerbait, buzzbait, flippin jig, tube and crankbait trays... And I don't have a pegboard wall either.

Also if the wife ever complains, I just show her a photo of JP's tackle warehouse/room. :)

Sometimes the junk/tackle collection is half the fun. Giving stuff away always feels good too.

Charles

You need to buy a kayak for musky fishing Lew. Then you only have room for half a dozen baits. Over the years I've fished with fewer baits every year. Moving more and more of them to take up permanent residence at home. This Saturday I'm taking one plano with 4 bucktails, 2 slopmasters and 2 cobra jigs with rubber on them. I have to save room in the kayak for lunch and drinks as well as my camera and tools for unhooking. Good luck to all.

Yeah, I know what your sayin Charles, were all addicted to fishin stuff. I've probably got 100 minnow baits for pickeral......and I fish for pickeral exactly 3 days a year.

Oh well, I spose we could all spend our money foolishly on less fun things :P

Jeez Lew-eeze!!! Lew, that's a whole whack of stuff, how big did you say your boat was?? I guess you used to be a boy scout (be prepared). Good luck this season and I hope you absolutely slay the toothy critters.

Guest gbfisher
I tell myself every year that I don't need anything else, yet I continue to buy :whistling:

From what I hear...It only gets worse as ya get older....lol. :wallbash:

Its one addiction that Im not to clear on really but its ok. I can quit tomorrow~ :whistling: