tb4me

Kessel does exactly what he's good at, scoring. Thats never going to change. Hes a pure goal scorer which is different then someone like Zeterburgh.

Youd be a real Munson to trade Kessel.

And I dont believe all the "he's poisonous in the dressing room" crap either. Thats all just media spin. So what he doesn't like to talk to media, doesn't make him a bad teammate.

Even when Wilson said hes uncoachable

Thats just nonsense.

Even in juniors there is players that are the exception to the rule. Every team has at least one, sometimes many. Happens in every level of hockey.

anyhow. I still say dump gardiner, lupul and Bozak if at all possible

And that folks is why the laffs will never win.

Ironman Phil. That's easy, just get rid of the puck if anyone comes within 20 feet of you. Watch Phil and that's exactly what he does. You get hurt once in a while when you use your body. It's called "body checking". That's part of NHL hockey. Do it Phil. Oppppps, his helmet might fall off and we'd see his thinning hair. The guy is a wimp. A one trick pony. OV at least goes nuts once in a while and slams a couple of people, not 81, he might get hurt.

Boston and LA are 2 of my favourite teams because they play old fashion hockey. They hit,hit and hit some more. Not always cleanly but they hit.It gets contagious, so does the passive attitude. When your leader (LOL) loafs around waiting for the other 4 guys to get bashed around so he can score and get all the praise, it is demoralizing. The opposing teams know that. When 81 is on the ice, the Laffs are short handed in their own end. Watch it on TV. How many times do you see only 4 Laffs on the screen in their own against 5 attacking opposition players? Where's the fifth player (81) loafing between the red and blue line waiting for that magic pass. Aww too bad they scored.

You can't coach heart or speed. I'll take heart and grit over speed anytime. Even if they lost every game and played with guts and heart as ateam, I'd cheer for them too. When have you ever seen fatboy ever check some one other than poke check or a cheap slash on the shins/ankle? When have you ever seen 81 take a hit to make a play? Crosby makes hits (ok, not very hard ones) and takes his share of hits to make plays. Fatboy couldn't carry Crosby's jockstrap. Look at the Olympics. Phil was on fire, Crosby did his job. Who won the gold? Who won nothing? But he was on fire, yeah, right. When Phil the trill figures it out that it is a 100% TEAM GAME he'll be a real pro player. For now he's a cancerous dead weight that makes 10 million.

No heart! He'll never have it and you can't coach it into him. Prima Donna. Get rid of him. So he scores a million goals, big deal, he'll manage to give up 2 million when he's on the ice.

I don't think I would attend a Leaf game even if given the tickets for free; even though they are like an addiction (I was shaking my head last night, asking myself why I was watching the game LOL).

The leaf jerseys being thrown on the ice is directed at management in my opinion. They put this team together.

I can't figure out what the coaches and management see in Phanuef that most others can't. He would be better with less minutes and not playing against the other team's top line, yet that's exactly what they do.

I'd give Phanuef a shot at plying as a winger for a few games. Seriously, what would they have to loose?It worked with Buflyn (sp) in Winnipeg. It might do wonders and it might be a disaster, but right now disaster seems to be pretty common. At least it would show that they are willing to try something different. And ya never know..........

I'd give Phanuef a shot at plying as a winger for a few games. Seriously, what would they have to loose?It worked with Buflyn (sp) in Winnipeg. It might do wonders and it might be a disaster, but right now disaster seems to be pretty common. At least it would show that they are willing to try something different. And ya never know..........

In Winnipeg Byfuglien was a defenseman before he was a forward.

They were using him up front lately. They put him back on defense when they were down 4 D due to injury.

It's obvious he likes the D position better and it shows in his play.

Icing on the cake last night was Staal's open net slapshot goal from point blank with Dion standing in the net. Staal turned and said something to Dion and he didn't say squat. Nobody respects Dion, if his team mates did they would have been all over Staal.

Geez mactavish must not be too bright to deal away their first rounder for 2015, if I was a gm and had a shot at mcdavid OE eichel I would not be passing it up... That being said the leafs should spring on this taking jeff petry and the 1st rounder for Gardiner and clarkson and lupul lol, I know I'm a dreamer

Well Bill what can I say your right of course....the top line is a collective minus 43...well done top line....

I tend to think Kessel is the only one doing his job out there..He has always been a streaky player, but The fact that he can get almost 100 points last year with Bozak a his center. Imagine what he could do with a with a reliable winger and a real #1 center.. I wouldnt be so fast to move him..Id be aggressivly shopping a Top line guy. Guys like Stall come to mind..

I will also point out that when the Leafs went 9-1and 1 they had a healthy Winnk (jaw) and a non concussed Komorav. Two huge boys that liked to hit..

I tend to think Kessel is the only one doing his job out there..He has always been a streaky player, but The fact that he can get almost 100 points last year with Bozak a his center. Imagine what he could do with a with a reliable winger and a real #1 center.. I wouldnt be so fast to move him..Id be aggressivly shopping a Top line guy. Guys like Stall come to mind..

I will also point out that when the Leafs went 9-1and 1 they had a healthy Winnk (jaw) and a non concussed Komorav. Two huge boys that liked to hit..

Yup he's streaky all right. A big yellow one right down his back. He's half a player and you define him as "streaky". :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Watched Pittsburgh and Philly last night. Two real teams giving it all, and I don't like either team, the game was very entertaining. Good old hockey.

Edited by muddler

Kessel doing his job?????

How's that? Having nada, as in zero defensive responsibility? Being a one way streaky player? lol

Maybe it's his leadership skills on the ice and in the room you're referring to! Oh wait,,,,,,he has none!

Bahahhahahahaha

:clapping::blahblah1:

Imagine what he could do if his whole team didn't suck and he actually had some grit and heart and if the ice wasn't ice but was a bowling alley? I bet Phil would be an awesome bowler :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Edited by muskymatt

Defensive responsibility? Is that how we're rating Kessel on now? Some of you guys really need to stop grasping at straws, lol. Kessel is a scoring machine, always has been, always will be.. Let's not talk about how he's always in the top of the league when it comes to point, instead lets focus on his lack of defensive play.

All this coming from a turncoat Sens fan, I think that's the funniest part :)

C'mon guys. If Kessel dont change his attitude and "give a crap factor" he'll never be a winner.

Im a lil biased but watch a Habs game some time. Their hardest backcheckers are Plekanec, Patches, n Chucky. Yes, their top offensive players backcheck because thats the difference between winning and losing.

Stop defending Kessel, its really quite ridiculous.

Bill I don`t think people are expecting a Selke trophy performance out of this scoring machine as you call him but a little bit of defensive responsibility would probably be welcomed...

Voracek, 56 points +10

Kane, 51 points +10

Johnson, 48 points +26

Tarasenko, 47 points +23

Kucherof, 43 points +28

Pacioretty, 21 goals +22