tb4me

If there was anyone I would have liked to see them keep around it would have been Gary Roberts. I also liked the team more when they had the big boys out there (Orr, Mclaren) and they punished you.. To me, the team that lost against Boston in that awful game 7 has been my fav so far. I loved their toughness and style of play back then.

yeah thats what Im talking about.

and plus 2 on Gary Roberts. great leader, great player and insane dedication.

even now I bet he is in better shape then most players

yeah thats what Im talking about.

and plus 2 on Gary Roberts. great leader, great player and insane dedication.

even now I bet he is in better shape then most players

He is a physical trainer for players like Sid Crosby and Naz Kadri..They both worked with him all summer on and off from what I understand..He would be a real asset for Toronto..He has a complete dietary and physical system that the players follow to beef up and stay that way..

yep. c on komarov. ( the response from Cherry would be worth it alone)

hit harder more often.

fight.

go back to 2012, punish physically and let the skilled players do there thing.

leave bernier in net unless he is hurt

get wendall clark and dougie involved somehow, player developement?

I agree with everything here..Just please dont say bring back Orr..lol

As for free agents signing here, they first of all would want to be here.. Think about it this way..Higher taxes in Canada..Some states the players are not taxed at all (from what I understand). Then there is our weather. Now look at what has happened 3 times now to James Reimers wife April..Threatened and verbally assaulted on Twitter. Once last season and now twice this season..What free agent in their right mind would want to play here? The only good players we will ever get with our ignorant fan base is ones traded here..

Edited by tb4me

I agree with everything here..Just please dont say bring back Orr..lol

As for free agents signing here, they first of all would want to be here.. Think about it this way..Higher taxes in Canada..Some states the players are not taxed at all (from what I understand). Then there is our weather. Now look at what has happened 3 times now to James Reimers wife April..Threatened and verbally assaulted on Twitter. Once last season and now twice this season..What free agent in their right mind would want to play here? The only good players we will ever get with our ignorant fan base is ones traded here..

what happened to Reimers wife is straight up rediculous.

I watched a few weeks back and they discussed the tax issue, possibly on TSN or Sportsnet. Phil Kessel has a contract heavily based on incentive to offset taxes. I wanna say it was over 30% but I cant remember. they named a few US cities where it was FAR lower.

nashville, tampa and florida had the lowest taxes I think. oddly follewd by calgary and edmonton if I remember correctly

Edited by manitoubass2

I hate watching Phaneuf. He's out of shape and slow. Take that C off of his chest and give it to JVR or Lupul when he returns.

I think Carlyle's days are number unfortunately. It isn't his fault but he's not coaching anymore. I see Jake Gardiner out on the power play right after he got caught on the first goal. He needs to be sat not rewarded. I think the coach has given up and it's reflected in his team.

Make the change before Christmas so we still have a team that COULD make the playoffs. This skid isn't going to end any time soon. Carlyle is old news to these guys. All the one liners have been used and all the rabbits are out of the hat ................something has to change.

Sure Matt it's what they do to fill in the down time between golf seasons !!!!! :angel: Geeez did I say that out loud!!!! :clapping:

Not sure if anyone knows the old joke about coaching and envelopes but I think it's time for Carlyle to start preparing 3 more envelopes.

Dan O.