tb4me

Whats that smell? The only way the players will change is when they start sitting on the bench. Hockey players are simple, they all want to play. If your play sucks and your still getting 15- 20 minutes a game players actually think they are playing ok and there not the problem because the ice time numbers prove it. Start sliding their ass up and down the bench and watch them change in a hurry. Bill pass the rye.

If the leafs lose tonight Montreal wins and Ottawa wins, the leafs will miss the playoffs. Every team goes through a period of poor play. The leafs have talent. They are still pretty young with some prospects and two good goalies. They have some obvious weak spots that have never been filled...(Top line center) This like a goalie is a crucial piece for a cup contender. Until they fill up the crucial roles they will not be considered a cup contender and they will need to be satisfied with a play off contender. That's just the way the game is.

If the leafs lose tonight Montreal wins and Ottawa wins, the leafs will miss the playoffs. Every team goes through a period of poor play. The leafs have talent. They are still pretty young with some prospects and two good goalies. They have some obvious weak spots that have never been filled...(Top line center) This like a goalie is a crucial piece for a cup contender. Until they fill up the crucial roles they will not be considered a cup contender and they will need to be satisfied with a play off contender. That's just the way the game is.

Agreed,were so far behind with {good players),they don't seem to get It, or as earlier read.Basically there still rebuilding even to try and make the playoffs.

Tonight may surprise us ,but the hot and cold won't make it.Having said that GO LEAFS GO.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Still need a goalie imo).

Edited by davey buoy

I'd like to see a Joe Thornton type guy as a FLC, as far as goalies go, we've got two great ones. Some more beef on the D line and we'd be set.

Any room for Brodeur in the cap?,goalies Bill,I don't think we have a consistent one(veteran if you may),thinking this will also hurt us .

The only reason we made it to the playoffs against Boston 2 years ago was Bernier, he played like a man on fire. I think he's earned that #1 spot. Brodeur should stay retired, he's 42.

Your hard Bill,love it,good fun,let's hope one of us is right lol.You thinking win tonight? Of course.

Edited by davey buoy

Your hard Bill,love it,good fun,let's hope one of us is right lol.You thinking win tonight? Of course.

I dunno man, but we need a kickstarter that's for sure! If I'm ever being an ass, just tell me, lol!!! It's frustrating sometimes being a fan of this team.

Edited by BillM

The only reason we made it to the playoffs against Boston 2 years ago was Bernier, he played like a man on fire. I think he's earned that #1 spot. Brodeur should stay retired, he's 42.

Do you mean Reimer? Bernier didn't even play for the Leafs that year.

Edited by JohnBacon

major major problem is a mentality. The leafs organization mentality is that of, make the playoffs and give yourself a chance and you are now successful...

what they dont realize is that teams like Chi LA Boston etc, if you dont win the cup youve failed.

I am not sure if those are the best examples. Chicago went 49 years between cups; L.A. took 44 years to win a cup; Boston went 39 years between cups. They may be good now, but they have had their struggles.

Nope, it was Bernier, but I meant 2013 (The shortened season) not 2012.

Matt, I'm not one to give up then start cheering for a lessor team :whistling:

Like I said. Bernier didn't play for them that year. Last year was Bernier's first year with the team. It was Reimer that, aka Optimus Reim, that got them to game 7.