Salmon/Trout in streams rivers yet?

Craigson

Hmm I didnt mention originally but I know the Browns are in the rivers near bowmanville.

Im new to trout n salmon fishing so excuse my ignorance.

Maybe someone could give a list of which fish come in in what order? And in what areas? (Ie. Lake Ontario fish move in before Lake Huron fish?

Thx again

He said he's new.

Not everyone is a pro angler like yourself Bill.

That's a chinook Craigson. My advice to you would be to go to Bowmanville or wherever and learn how to fish the Rivera properly for salmon and then apply what you have learned to trout in October and November.

He said he's new.

Not everyone is a pro angler like yourself Bill.

That's a chinook Craigson. My advice to you would be to go to Bowmanville or wherever and learn how to fish the Rivera properly for salmon and then apply what you have learned to trout in October and November.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't know that was a brown, you think his buddy with the pin thought it was a brown as well? Don't be so gullible. Typical thread for this time of year, someone looking for nothing but info.

There are fish around of all species, if the onshore temps are right, ie cold in the 50s and the rains come there are always fish around, although its usually short and sweet, as fish either move through quick, or back out to the lake as flows slow and clear, on the east fish were there last Wednesday, but what was there moved through, and the rest that were close moved back out, as most boats were 3/4 mile off shore by Saturday. Crowds gather quick and people start nosing around piers by late July, which on occasion again if temps are right as they were this year, the occasional Chinook is caught, but its hit and miss, and more miss then hit at that time

Nobody is gonna give river reports online on ANY forum.

Basic progression on all rivers is this:

Salmon - late August if cool and rainy but September typically

Trout - October to ice up is best

There are always exceptions to these guidelines. If you want to know specifics on certain rivers then you need to do what everyone else does - hit the road, put on your waders and learn the timing, water, response to rain on a COUPLE of rivers. Don't jump around based on reports or rumours. And get a friend to help you or politely ask for advice on the river and WATCH the good anglers. This site is a great place. Stick around.

Nobody is gonna give river reports online on ANY forum.

Basic progression on all rivers is this:

Salmon - late August if cool and rainy but September typically

Trout - October to ice up is best

There are always exceptions to these guidelines. If you want to know specifics on certain rivers then you need to do what everyone else does - hit the road, put on your waders and learn the timing, water, response to rain on a COUPLE of rivers. Don't jump around based on reports or rumours. And get a friend to help you or politely ask for advice on the river and WATCH the good anglers. This site is a great place. Stick around.

Great advise Landry,

For the new anglers, I think it goes without saying that river fishing is a very hush-hush thing. The reason being, there are tonnes of idiots who don't respect the rivers or fish. They take it for granted, thinking it's a never ending resource. We've all witnessed the countless river banks that get filled with garbage and the amount of gut and chuck that goes on. It's just ugly.

So Craigson and to other new aspiring river anglers, it's not meant to be offensive when most are not willing to give updates regarding fishing for trout or salmon.

But do know some etiquette on the rivers:

1.) Never crowd a fellow angler or step into their spot if they need to walk away for fighting a fish or re-tying

2.) Don't snag for fish…learn to fish properly. The rule is, if you accidentally snag a fish (meaning the hook is NOT in its mouth), you must break off right away

3.) Know what fishing redds are…one of the worst things to do is stomp all over the redds with your waders

4.) Don't walk across where anglers are drifting

5.) Don't gut & chuck your fish…it's wrong, unethical, illegal, take your pick...

6.) Don't sell your left testicle to be cool and post your prized catch with a full background…if you need to know what we mean, the NPS (National Penis Suckers) website has plenty examples of idiots who sell out the sport to make them think they're cool

Anyhow, others are free to chime in…As new anglers come about, they need to learn the ABCs of river fishing and then we could hopefully improve the sport and anglers alike...

I wants to catch salmons!

I read somewhere the Burt is the place. :Gonefishing::whistling:

Great post FTR

And to the OP. If you don,t like crowds, do some home work. That means lots of map reading and bush wacking and knocking on doors for PERMISSION.. :good:

Right Bill. :rolleyes::D