Anglers fined fishing out of season !!!

fishindevil

Anyone surprised? I've seen guys in 70k rigged bass boats fishing a lake 2 weeks before opener... Telling me at the ramp they were fishing pike, lol. What a crock.

Edited by BillM

I've had this discussion on the lake with a CO

I've seen bass boats "Pitchin" bass baits at the opener of walleys---15 feet off the shoreline

Now I was born at nite---but it was'nt last nite

But--they have to prove they're not pitchin pike or the likes---hard to fine intent---however obvious

Make a rule---someone will find a way around it

Les then $100 for no license... That's a joke... No wonder some people take a chance...

Hhhhmmmm... $30 license every year... Or take my chances cause there aren't enough COs out there to catch you... I fish A LOT and some years I don't get checked... And COs are so predictable I could ensure we don't cross paths...

Grrrrr!!!!

Not that I disagree with you Bushart, but a well know fishing celebrity on his TV show did a whole segment on flipping for Walleye. And it worked! I dont doubt for a second what your saying, but the problem like what has been mentioned is proving intent.

A spinnerbait is just flat out effective for walleye on Scugog. You are dealing with large flats with weed at or near the surface.

Inside weedlines on Rice, Tri Lakes,Strugeon can be awesome for walleye.

So just because it's a 70K bass boat fishing near shore doesn't mean they are fishing out of season.

Not that I disagree with you Bushart, but a well know fishing celebrity on his TV show did a whole segment on flipping for Walleye. And it worked! I dont doubt for a second what your saying, but the problem like what has been mentioned is proving intent.

That's right

The st lawrence has a small population of trout... So as long as I use shiny lures I can say I'm trout fishing.... Year round...

And FYI... I've got a brown and a laker on a blue taildancer....

I'm all for trying new techniques, but when the lake you're fishing ONLY has bass in it, and you're in there 2 weeks before opener, there isn't an excuse in the book you could tell me to change my mind :)

Well without sounding like a know it all---I know the lake very well I indicated

I would'nt be fishing early season walleyes there---I would fish bass there

I know walleyes hit tubes---not my May go to bait

I used to fish Northwest Ontario for some years---I'm used to fishing bass in ice out 45 degree water (no season) and up

i got to watch them Catch and release many bass and yet still stay in that spot

Those boats were bass fishing---sorry

Anyone surprised? I've seen guys in 70k rigged bass boats fishing a lake 2 weeks before opener... Telling me at the ramp they were fishing pike, lol. What a crock.

I'm sure you have. But truthfully, people who break those laws vary from shore fisherman to the boat you saw. Stereotyping is never accurate. I'm sure we've all seen just as many people fishing out of tinnys doing things they shouldn't.

I'm sure you have. But truthfully, people who break those laws vary from shore fisherman to the boat you saw. Stereotyping is never accurate. I'm sure we've all seen just as many people fishing out of tinnys doing things they shouldn't.

Of course they do, but you'd think guys with a rig like that would know better... That was my entire point. Pleading ignorance in their situation just embarrasses them even more. The guy fishing 3 weekends a year I'll cut a lot more slack. We all catch OOS fish on occasion while fishing for a species that's got an open season.

Edited by BillM

A bass boat with a Chudeigh Apple Farms wrap fishes bass preseason in Puslinch Lake every year - pitchin and flipping jigs in a lake that has walleye but very few. This same donkey cut me off on a shoring by about 75' when I was fishing along the shore with my kids.

Its easy. Stay a distance and watch with binoculars. They (MNR) do it up here all the time. Catch an OOS fish change techniques or move. Its easy to see the intent if you watch

Exactly---early season I could sit in a tight area and pound em for an hour --don't have to be a master angler

Later in the summer--gets more challenging----spring is prime time for vanity fotos

Les then $100 for no license... That's a joke... No wonder some people take a chance...

Hhhhmmmm... $30 license every year... Or take my chances cause there aren't enough COs out there to catch you... I fish A LOT and some years I don't get checked... And COs are so predictable I could ensure we don't cross paths...

Grrrrr!!!!

was the fine for fishing without owning a license or for not having the license on your person?

Yup. They have been caught in 3 feet of water.

Of course they do, but you'd think guys with a rig like that would know better... That was my entire point. Pleading ignorance in their situation just embarrasses them even more. The guy fishing 3 weekends a year I'll cut a lot more slack. We all catch OOS fish on occasion while fishing for a species that's got an open season.

You've missed my point Bill. It's not about knowing better it's about making a conscience decision to break the law. Having the money to buy that boat doesn't make them any more accountable as it does make them better fisherman.

On the Niagara River, the MNR and OPP weave around and past bassboats to target tinnies and runabouts. There's a reason they do that too.