Anglers fined fishing out of season !!!

fishindevil

They are up here.

Little story for y'all..goes along with the fishing OOS and saying you are not targeting them when the CO thinks you are.

Years ago, the CO was gunning for a friend of mine...he used to take too many fish and stuff and they just couldn't catch him.

Opening day of walleye one year they visited his camp and counted the carcasses in the garbage, charged him with over limit.

Now, everybody knows this won't stick.

He goes to court and the judge tosses it out.

On the way out he smiles at the CO and says he won...CO says oh really? 200 mile drive each way to court, a day off work with no pay..I get paid to be here..yup, you won alright.

More than 1 way to skin a cat

well played. But he probably costed the tax payers more than the criminal

So because they had a bass boat means they were bass fishing? U do realize these guys (myself included) fish for other species in bass boats other than just bass. That could be the dumbest post I've ever read on a fishing forum. Now if the were flipping docks and targeting bass on beds than of course its illegal but what you just stated is ridiculous. There are idiots of all kinds in all kinds of rigs and from shore. Think before you post.

Edited by ONbuckhunter

70 k bassboat bla bla bla is the same as saying everybody in Markham keeps over there limit. Just another stupid post.

You really need to learn how to read my man. That was a single example, you're the one that's grouping everyone who owns a bass boat into a single group, not me.

So because they had a bass boat means they were bass fishing? U do realize these guys (myself included) fish for other species in bass boats other than just bass. That could be the dumbest post I've ever read on a fishing forum. Now if the were flipping docks and targeting bass on beds than of course its illegal but what you just stated is ridiculous. There are idiots of all kinds in all kinds of rigs and from shore. Think before you post.

Good god man, did you guys fail all of grade school where they taught you reading? THE LAKE ONLY HAS BASS for the 100th time.. That's the only reason why I even made my original comment.

Stop getting your dual power poles in such a twist.

Edited by BillM

Sorry Bill

But your the one who is wrong. No point in back peddling. I'm sure you wrote what you meant wrong but regardless it came across with the pure definition of DUMB.

I'm wrong because you can't read? That's an interesting stance to take. You wanna talk about dumb, lol.

Weird, the article says right off the hop that they were charged with fishing OOS bass. But then the article only mentions fines toward fishing without a licence? Are they just trying to cause a stir with the first statement?

A spinnerbait is just flat out effective for walleye on Scugog. You are dealing with large flats with weed at or near the surface.

Inside weedlines on Rice, Tri Lakes,Strugeon can be awesome for walleye.

So just because it's a 70K bass boat fishing near shore doesn't mean they are fishing out of season.

Dude my dad caught his PB Walleye on Scugog casting a big muskie sized spinnerbait! lol The only time he ever fished the lake! I thought it was a total fluke but apparently not.

Not that I disagree with you Bushart, but a well know fishing celebrity on his TV show did a whole segment on flipping for Walleye. And it worked! I dont doubt for a second what your saying, but the problem like what has been mentioned is proving intent.

I wouldn't have believed it unless I was the one holding the video camera in my hands.... and I was. ;o)

Anyone surprised? I've seen guys in 70k rigged bass boats fishing a lake 2 weeks before opener... Telling me at the ramp they were fishing pike, lol. What a crock.

I agree %100 man that guys rigged out with their bass boats are probably out there doing it.. and as someone else pointed out there's people doing it in tinnys, canoes and from shore as well. Dave used to fish crappie / walleye etc. out of a G3... nowadays he just sticks to his bass boat because he loves to fish out of it. Crappie, Perch on small jerkabaits, walleye you namei t.... I'm sure one day we'll even end up doing a friggin trolling show out of the skeeter! Imagine that thing with riggers on it! :lol:

• 11 months later...

I remember last years May 1st walleye opener on the moon. It was a Thursday and the ice just cleared out on the Tuesday. We had a great opener with 40-50 walleye... By the Friday mid morning the smallmouth showed up, for every 1 walleye we would hook up with 3 smallies. We were all using a jig/ minnow combo, no matter what depth we drifted they would hit 10-40 fow. The only way to stop catching them was to stop fishing period. Now as an angler who is honest, when these walleyes slowed down late sat because they started to move into the sanctuary to spawn I could have stayed and kept catching smallies double headers per drift, but we didn't. We left the bay and looked for pike water. So what was my option, I was clearly targeting walleye and yes we caught the more aggressive smallmouth but we where still catching eyes. I don't think I should have to stop fishing or move.