Ethanol Free Gas

fisher

Just make sure you buy from a place with a dedicated pump for the e-free high test gas. I once made the mistake of using one of those pumps where you select the grade of gas you want, I was just filling my 5L lawn mower can, but I would think that the gas lines from the pump to the nozzle would hold 2 to 3 litres of fuel.

I figure I got 3 litres of regular and only 2 litres of high test. Hey at least the next guy got a little bit of good gas., eh.

I guess if you are filling a large can or built-in tank in a boat it wouldn't matter as much.

Entropy

Too funny. Cob of corn. You know they are marketing to boaters. Smart move.

Surprised no one else promotes that as aggressively.

As an FYI I also read that Costco has ethanol free premium has. But I don't have the patience to line up there - especially trailering a boat.

If it isn't a dedicated pump, just put a few litres into the car's tank before filling the boat or can. It should flush out what was remaining in the hose.

I use it for all my small engines, quad, chainsaw, outboard, etc.

Cheers,

Mark

West st , in orillia. Just east of the hwy, can't miss it it even has a big sign out front with a cob of corn with an x through it.

:EDIT: I know the one you're talking about now, I fill the oldmans truck up there all the time.

Edited by BillM

I'm lucky that all the small gas stations in my area are ethanol free. Bethany, millbrook, pontypool.....all no ethanol in any of their gas. There are a few more around here as well....probably the same gas Lew gets in Lakefield.

S.

Has anyone taken the time to test gas samples from these gas stations who claim their gas is ethanol free to see if they're actually telling the truth or not?

It would be helpful to have a list of gas stations who actually carry ethanol free gas and those who claim they do...

I can tell you with certainty.. Shell on Vinden St Midland and Shell on Robert in Penetang are both ethanol free in their premium V power. Just finished checking two cans that I got this afternoon from Vinden St, for the F-in-laws airplane that runs on car gas. Now the $1.519 / litre I could have done without. $69 for 45. litres of fuel.

This is also where I fill my boat in the fall before going out Musky fishing on GBay.

Marina pump at Temagami Marine is also Premium ethanol free... can't wait to see what Andre has to charge this summer!

Edited by irishfield

Funny I fill at the Aamco on Front St in Orillia from time to time, it doesn't have ethanol free but the one on West St does? According to list vance posted no Aamco stations are listed.Shell V-power is all I use in my boat and sled. 1.50 anything is definately dear, glad I only use about 3 cans worth of gas a year in the boat.

Kerry

I can tell you with certainty.. Shell on Vinden St Midland and Shell on Robert in Penetang are both ethanol free in their premium V power. Just finished checking two cans that I got this afternoon from Vinden St, for the F-in-laws airplane that runs on car gas. Now the $1.519 / litre I could have done without. $69 for 45. litres of fuel.

This is also where I fill my boat in the fall before going out Musky fishing on GBay.

Marina pump at Temagami Marine is also Premium ethanol free... can't wait to see what Andre has to charge this summer!

How do you check if there is ethanol in the gas? I'm not saying there is, just curious as to how you know for sure?

I read an article a couple years back where random gas stations were tested for ethanol content. The 10% ethanol gas sometimes had up to 15 to 25%. I'll try to find the story and post a link.