Scouted a new Creek. A tease til opener.

misfish

Plan this morning was to look for some open shore for perch,but that went bust. Then I hit a spot that had some great picture taking,so did that for an hour or so.

Thinking about this up coming trout opener,I decided to go scouting.

I have been going through some maps of different townships looking for new trout waters to fish. I found one that looked like it would have public access,but not that many would know it was. So off I was this with plan C thismorning to see if it was worthy of a travel.

Walking through some bush and deep snow areas,I found water. And some real nice water. Clear as gin,Nice wood structure and pools.

Anyways. This is just a tease til opener. I dont even know if there is trout in it.LOL

051_zps4f4f12a6.jpg

052_zpsa3b9666f.jpg

053_zpsa8e9c8da.jpg

054_zps978a4e0d.jpg

055_zpscef6dca2.jpg

056_zpsbfb51849.jpg

058_zps2db69bed.jpg

060_zps1c4d1988.jpg

062_zps9d4b2571.jpg

063_zpsee8a5d87.jpg

064_zpsd30cc723.jpg

Time to get all my fly stuff together. :D

And NO,this is not the creek you think Rob.LOL

You sure that's a creek and not just melt runoff... kinda looks like each side of my runway... :whistling:

I didn't want to be the first to rain on your parade Misfish, but I was thinking the same thing. Is it marked as a creek on a top sheet? or are you familiar with it say on Aug 1st. flow levels.

I didn't want to be the first to rain on your parade Misfish, but I was thinking the same thing. Is it marked as a creek on a top sheet? or are you familiar with it say on Aug 1st. flow levels.

Na that's definitely a creek, there's a defined river bottom down there. Great find there Brian! Now I suppose you need some royal wulffs and humpies right? LOL

There are enough deep pools to hold fish once the higher waters drop. Yes it is a feeder creek to a lake. It might even be spring fed.There is another I will be checking out. Spring fed as well. That one for sure I know should hold specks as I have caught them on joining creeks,

Yes I will need to be practicing my roll cast.

I,ll get back to you Chris.LOL