First gb open water report

Meegs

Well ive been watching the ice like a hawk over the last 2 weeks, boats ready at the drop of a hat, riggers mounted, now all I been needing is some ooen water and a launch to go to. Well after the weather report for sunday came out with the amout of rain their calling for and the high winds I said screw tomorrow morning, this afternoon is the time to go. Loaded tinner in back of truck, called a bud, and half hour later we were on out way to try and flatline up some dinner! Found open water earlier than expected and cursed I hadnt brought the big boat, water is definitely up from previous years. Put the tinner in the water and started our troll, we covered a tonne of water and shoreline and fished from just the other side of collingwood up to thornbury and back. Never had a bite. Saw zero fish, 8 guys at indian, 5 guys at thornbury, 4 or 5 guys at craiglieth provincial park and 2 guys down at shale beach fishin, noone had any fish but even with the rain it was just nice to get out on the soft water! Been way too long! Bought a couple new mooching rod/reel combos, going to be a fun summer I hope!

with the mountains in the background, and the icebergs floatin around made for some stunnin scenery.

2014-04-12152423.jpg

2014-04-12170148.jpg

2014-04-12174542.jpg

2014-04-12183828.jpg

2014-04-12184156.jpg

2014-04-12184300.jpg

2014-04-12184316.jpg

2014-04-12184521.jpg

2014-04-12184534.jpg

Yea, though we were on the ocean at times, pretty cool icebergs for sure. Ice starts at collingwood, and was open as far as i.could up the lake towards owen sound. We did the entire shoreline to thornbury and back, 5-18fow, plannerboards with bodybaits. Some serious waterflow comming out of any river/creek making som decent mudlines to troll around. Water temp was consistant at 36. on getting the riggers out this week, hopefully get some fish pics next

Good to see she's opening up along there. I hope to get out there in the next week or so if the conditions are good. The fishing should get better once that runoff warms a little bit...

Those are some cool ice pics meegs. The Georgian Bay shoreline was something to see this winter. I wonder if well ever get that much ice out there again in my lifetime...

Heres a couple pics from the last few weeks. Thought they would compliment yours. :) I'm sure there will be pack ice floating around out there until the end of may this year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those last couple pictures are the way the ice used to be growing up on the shore line in Georgina Beach!!!When the water some years would be in the boat house.Which was normally on the beach well up from the waters edge.We used to use those long air filled tubes to put under the boat to roll it down and back up again.Use to take about six guys to roll it back into the boathouse.Man those were the days!!!!!Great pics as well!!