Id puke if I boated this one...

Biggest pickerel I ever saw was an 18 pounder my grandfather caught about 50 years ago while we were fishing Lake Simcoe. It was so darned big I 1st thought it was a carp while I was netting it.

Took it in a measured it on 3 different scales just to be sure, then we ate ate it for supper.

Things were different back in the day.

Lew you didn't eat an 18lber for supper.

50 years ago I was a growing boy & needed my food LOL

Things were different back then, big fish were for eating and folks almost never took pictures of their catches.

Im still trying to understand the TITLE of this :dunno:

Why would you PUKE??????

Nice fish indeed. Pauls is very nice as well. I had a pic of my PB on my old PC,caught out off the mouth of the Notty opening day 18 years ago.. 14 lbs,caught on a vibra fox spinner.

When it's the fish your hunting your entire life and you see it.... You'll get the feeling...

I dropped a giant walleye fishing locally and I got butterflies

dang, we caught some 1-5lbs in the Columbia, return trip may be in order!

many out west anglers consider bass, walleye and pike to be garbage fish, even where they occur naturally and are not invasive...trout and salmon are obviously the only trophy fish :sarcasm:

Thats interesting. Many bass fisherman here feel the same way about trout and salmon.

Why would a bass fishermen think trout are garbage fish?

I'm sure puking was just an expression, but adrenaline does different things to different people....I played football with a kid who would puke a couple of times at the start of a game.....I avoided a serious highway accident and kept driving, until 5 mins down the road I had to slam on the brakes and throw up out the door...maybe there is some old truth behind the saying, "I'd puke if I did that..."

In 1996 wile a guide at Chaudiere Lodge ,I cleaned a 36.25" 19 1/2lb from the Little French River , the old guy apparently claimed a 21lb 37"+ at the same spot back in '82. " if it's smaller that the one I already have on my wall I eat it! "

I think everyone is entitled to a "wall hanger"... 1... As long as it's legal....

But to eat a trophy like that is such a waste.... That fish could make someone's dreams come true...

I don't keep any walleye over 5 lbs (3lb average here) for eating... Boat rule... But that's just me... I know guys that'll eat 10 pounders without even thinking about it... More meat for their limit... Lol... Old school thinking I guess....

What I always wondered about are genetics....

Do big fish produce big fish?

I'm a big fella... Chances are my kids are gunna be fair sized individuals...

Is it the same with fish??? Cause if it is then even if half the eggs are useles... The other half are priceless....

i don't concern myself with whether the fish is producing eggs or not...

i just set my standards high...

to many a 10lbs walleye is a wall hanger....each to their own.

16lbs walleye will turn some heads.....myself included.....

that'll go on my wall. skin mount.