Who is akaShag and why is he here? (Introduction)

akaShag

back to sinker, that's me, have not been on Ben's site a lot lately, but had him here for a lunch when he was in ON a month or so ago.

Our mutual friend "Winston" has got a new job in Nova Scotia, I spoke with him today and he is really looking forward to it. He will be a Program Manager with the NS Dept of Inshore Fisheries or something like that.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.

Doug

On most websites, posting pictures involves incantations and black magic that I have not yet mastered, only having attended my first three years at Hogwarts before they threw me out. But I will endeavour to figure out how to post pictures here, if only to prove that I have actually caught some actual, real fish, not just the Internet variety..............

Doug

When you learn how to post a pic larger than a few kb's and quote a portion of a post please teach me. You have posted a few pics already you're far ahead of me. No one believes you any longer without documentation today.

Ok let's try this:

Hmm, I am on the "more posting options" page and still cannot PASTE to the reply thread.  I CAN attach files, but they show up as thumbnails like this one:

You need to use a hosting site like photobucket. Obviously you first have to create an account with photobucket and upload some pictures which is pretty straight forward.

Once that's done follow these instructions:

Edited by Mike Borger

Back to Mike Borger, thanks for your time. But yes I already have an account with Hunt101.com which is much like photobucket, and which I use on other websites. But when I go to PASTE the image here, nothing gets pasted to the reply box.

It is the same when I try to copy and paste from elsewhere on this site, it does not work. And when I hit the QUOTE button here, it does not copy the quote to my reply.

Roy the administrator says it has to be an issue with my computer and hopefully I can get it figured out. In the meantime, I can use thumbnails which I can load directly from my computer.

Back to Mike Borger, thanks for your time. But yes I already have an account with Hunt101.com which is much like photobucket, and which I use on other websites. But when I go to PASTE the image here, nothing gets pasted to the reply box.

It is the same when I try to copy and paste from elsewhere on this site, it does not work. And when I hit the QUOTE button here, it does not copy the quote to my reply.

Roy the administrator says it has to be an issue with my computer and hopefully I can get it figured out. In the meantime, I can use thumbnails which I can load directly from my computer.

What you need to do is click on "more reply options" then in the top right corner enable HTML. That should do the trick.

back to Old Ironmaker:

When you learn how to post a pic larger than a few kb's and quote a portion of a post please teach me. You have posted a few pics already you're far ahead of me. No one believes you any longer without documentation today.

AHAH!!

Yes, you go to the "more reply options" page and hit the "enable HTML" box on the upper right corner

Now I have to work on the QUOTE button

Edited by akaShag

No offence, but I think Steel Bunny is a tad better looking!! :lol:

OK now I have to go find Steel Bunny I reckon............and by the name and comments I am guessing she is a she and not a wrinkled old fart with gnarly facial hair................

Ok, so the QUOTE button worked for one entire post woohoo!...............

back to wallyboss, thanks Dan, good to see you over here too! That "other" site seems like there is a lot of bickering and nastiness these days, and I just do not have time for that childishness.............

Doug