Bay of Quinte Report(MTP and GlennK)9more pics in add reply

Well this was our third spring trip for the May long weekend and it was our most successful BOQ trip in the spring.

Not much boat traffic and Mother nature was in a great mood giving superb weather.An Awesome weekend looking forward to next year. :Gonefishing:

Enough said on with the report.

I left home friday 4:37am and 43 minutes later I arrived in Ontario.

125443.JPG

I arrived at Mohawk Bay at 8:37am taking exactly 4hrs to get there made my first launch solo get out 2kms already to troll and my phone rings and my fishing partner Ron, GlennK 's Dad for the day is waiting at the the dock.So back up goes the kicker motor shoot to the dock pick up Ron and back to the secret fishing grounds.

125444.JPG

20 minutes later the first walleye of the weekend .Fish on ya baby :thumbsup_anim::D

125448.JPG

Next Ron puts me in a new spot and I get this 21 inch eye for team#4

125374.JPG

Not too long after that fish on and he starts peeling some line a 30 inch pike for team#4

125446.JPG

125373.JPG

125451.JPG

Ron gets his first fish for the day.

125453.JPG

Not to long after that we got this one which had those red spots

the locals say not to keep those not sure if this is the same virus we all

read about on this board this winter.

Well Glenn and Serge my fishing partner for the weekend arrived and

he wanted to get out for the evening bite.We were just about to call it a night

when Serge hooks into this little Eye at 9pm.

125454.JPG

125486.JPG

125455.JPG

125473.JPG

Our walleye vessels.

125456.JPG

125457.JPG

Met up with Easton and his dad right in front of Pickeral park.

125458.JPG

Not too long after that we see this young kid pull in at least a 3lb eye right on the dock.

Serge says lets troll by some lady comes zipping into the dock area at Pickeral Park no respect drove 30 feet behind us,

Well her prop grabbed both our lines now they had been fishing themselves.While undoing the mess not a word was exchanged. :stretcher:

But everyone was mad got set back up and caught somemore walleyes.

125462.JPG

Back to fishing the next day.

Can anyone tell me if this is a Hybrid Pike a mix breed between a Muskie and a Pike.

check out the colours.

125466.JPG

125467.JPG

125468.JPG

A 12 inch Perch.

125469.JPG

A chunky Rock Bass.

125470.JPG

125474.JPG

125475.JPG

125472.JPG

125471.JPG

125476.JPG

Perch and walleye for supper.

125477.JPG

Fried in fish crisp.........

125478.JPG

Can some one tell me what kind of fish this is!!!!!!!! :dunno:

125479.JPG

Thats a shot of Glenn's train.

125480.JPG

Group photo the weekend had to end.

Serge,GlennK,Ron and Mike the Pike.

All in all it was one of our best fishing weekends.I looked everywhere for Lew

stopping in front of many Cresliner boats but unfortunately I did not get to meet Lew this time.

:Gonefishing: Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Wow Mike - another great report! Glad to hear you had a great time - not all reports from Quinte this weekend were so successful. Keep up the good work.

Don

:clapping::clapping::clapping::Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

And I agree with Sonny - silver bass

Edited by Tracker

Mike...what an unbelievable report!!! Wow...is all I can say....WOW!! Great fish, great times....cant ask for much more than that. I know you probably had your son in the back of your mind too...how's he doing?

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to write this one up...must have taken ages to upload all those pics and write it up....

WOW!

Great Report Mike, was looking forward to it after seeing the posts for your team. Looks like you not only found the fish this weekend, you enjoyed yourself and unwound.

WTG,

Cheers,

Jen

Fantastic report Mike. How did you guys miss all the crap weather we got? High winds, sub zero temps? Looks like the weather Gods were smiling on you for sure.

Nice fish and looks like you had a nice meal from your catches.

I'm not sure, but that other fish looks kind of like a cisco or herring.

Joey

Here some more shots of the weekend I had too many pics in the first report so I had to scale it down.

125465.JPG

125463.JPG

125496.JPG

125569.JPG

125449.JPG

Party boat.

125461.JPG

Our Camp for the weekend.

125459.JPG

125481.JPG

Arriving back home to Quebec 5 seconds from the worst roads in the country.

125482.JPG

Arrived home to these gas prices.My last fill up in Ontario cost a $1.04 per litre.

Edited by Mike the Pike

Mike...what an unbelievable report!!! Wow...is all I can say....WOW!! Great fish, great times....cant ask for much more than that. I know you probably had your son in the back of your mind too...how's he doing?

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to write this one up...must have taken ages to upload all those pics and write it up....

WOW!

Yes Cliff the time will come when young Ryan will come to the BOQ but 4 days of fishing 14 hours a day is too much for the young man.

And yes it took me about 3 and half hours to upload size and make that report only to find out I had too many pics in my report.

My whole family will be coming with me Canada day weekend to the BOQ I am staying with my cousin Percher.My son can't wait!!!!!

MTP

Man alive, nice report Mike! You guys definately had food of champions, wow. And I don't recall ever hearing of a Silver Bass being caught in there, impressive. Nice going. And just think I coulda been up there for a few days, unfortunately, I was up there for the opener and the family wasn't letting me go anywhere. :o

You really know how to make a guy hungry first thing in the morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

125459.JPG

That was an EXCELLENT REPORT. 2 thimbs up and 8 fingers. :thumbsup_anim::clapping: Pass the papper towel please.LOL

TFS

Wow Mike :thumbsup_anim: Great report!!! Glad to see you did well and had some great fishing. Did you get to try out the jigs?

Bernie I caught some nice perch with your Jigs no eyes though what I like about your jigs is they don't get stuck in the rocks.

Thanks again.Mike

That's an awesome trip you had. Nice pics.

That fish looks like a white bass but the color is on the dark side for a white bass. Here's one that I caught in the Detroit River 2 weeks ago.

Picture001-1.jpg

Mike fantastic trip. Glad to see the BOQ paid off for you.

Great report I am glad you had the opportunity to unwind after a bad a week and you were successful at the fishing game.

We were onto a lot of pike and huge perch as well, I found the walleye a little reserved but we managed a few.

Always a pleasure seeing fellow OFC'ers on the water.

Easton

Nice report, looks like you guys had a great time fishing and EATING! :lol:

The mystery fish is actually a White Perch

Here is a technical comparison:

White Bass

white_bassbig.jpg

COMMON NAMES: White bass, Silver bass

SCIENTIFIC NAME: Morone chrysops

IDENTIFICATION: White bass are silvery in color and have a milky white belly. In addition, they have six or more dark lateral lines on the sides and back. This fish has two dorsal fins with the first having nine spines. The white bass closely resembles the hybrid striped bass and the white perch.

White Perch (Your mystery fish)

white_perchbig.jpg

COMMON NAMES: White perch, Silver perch, Gray perch, Blue nose perch

SCIENTIFIC NAME: Morone americana

IDENTIFICATION: The white perch is a deep bodied fish that looks very similar to the white bass. The main difference is that the white perch is all silver and does not have dark lines running the length of the body.

Hope that helps! I know it's nice to know what you have caught :)

That other fish that you were wondering if it was a hybrid or not, it is not, it is just a nicely coloured Northern Pike.

Tony

Edited by tonyb