Bay of Quinte Report(MTP and GlennK)9more pics in add reply

Great report Mike... Glad to see ya didn't drive all the way there for nothing... looks like you caught a bunch of fish and had a great fry after too... I caught a couple of those white bass or perch when I was out for walleye this past weekend too... they are full of eggs or at least the ones I saw were... thanks for sharing the report with us

Bill

Edited by Bill Parker

I still say that that's a white bass. Probably interbred with a white perch (which is also a bass).

White Bass and White perch are both Temperate Bass, White Perch however occur in waters with a higher saline content. White Bass cannot tolerate high saline levels.

Since Mikes fish was caught in a "Fresh" water body, it is a White Bass.

Mike the Pike - Great report. Thanks for sharing so many photos.

Tony B - out of interest where did you get the info/drawings of the fish species? - I'm always looking for good sources of info for the different fish species in Ontario.

Cheers

Great report. I thought the mystery fish was a white bass. The white perch from kansas don't get that big. If you remembered when cleaning the fish, white bass tend to have the red meat and white perch is more like crappie or walleye having white meat. Thanks for sharing!

Great report and who is the guy in the black and red coat with the sunglasses I believe his mother is in the nursing home that I work in her name is Jean Andrews. Pretty sure he was in to the home the other day too. Cheers.

Blackfish the guy your talking about his name is James he came fishing with us for the day he was staying in Belleville and his mom is in a nursing home.James came to visit us on his motorcycle did you see him with a helmut?

Small world.Mike the Pike

Great report. I thought the mystery fish was a white bass. The white perch from kansas don't get that big. If you remembered when cleaning the fish, white bass tend to have the red meat and white perch is more like crappie or walleye having white meat. Thanks for sharing!

No the fish(white bass) went back into the big Pond I just like the taste of perch and Walleye.

Great report and pictures - made me feel like I was on the trip too. Thanks for sharing.

One question - would you mind providing some details about your boat and motors please. Nice looking rig!

Tom my boat is a Lund SSV 18.5ft long with a 50hp Honda 4 stroke with power trim and flat floor inserts my kicker motor is a 2 stroke Yamaha 8hp I connect both motors with a steering bar when trolling ,I troll with the 8hp and steer with the 50hp.It is a very stable boat.

Coming back from Hay Bay on the weekend there were 3 foot swells I had it going full throttler trimmed up and over the waves she rides like a cadillac.I like my big tinny.

Awesome report Mike the Pike!

Like the boat pics as well as the fish pictures. That Ungava is a cool lil' boat.

By the way i've caught hundreds of White Bass, which that fish isn't!

It is a White Perch as TonyB points out. Has no stripes, a greenish hue and perch like face.

A rarish sight here.

Great report,

ehg

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report and thanks for sharing the pictures and taking the time to post them all! I really enjoyed it!!

Great looking fish. Congrats on a successful weekend.

Maybe a heads up to your friend Glenn.

It is against the law to tow more than one trailer behind your vehicle unless using a commercial vehicle. A quote form the Ontario MTO site.

I'm not sure if his van is commercial or not so just mentioning it cause I actually saw him on the road and couldn't belive it as you barely ever see it in Ontario. Some provinces and states do allow it.

Edited by Smokey

Great looking fish. Congrats on a successful weekend.

Maybe a heads up to your friend Glenn.

It is against the law to tow more than one trailer behind your vehicle unless using a commercial vehicle. A quote form the Ontario MTO site.

I'm not sure if his van is commercial or not so just mentioning it cause I actually saw him on the road and couldn't belive it as you barely ever see it in Ontario. Some provinces and states do allow it.

Thanks for the concern Smokey Glenn did his ontario Homework though if you have commercial plates in Ontario it is Legal.I have seen many fifth wheel trailers with boats behind them in Ontario.Remember Glenn had Quebec plates so were not sure the law would apply to us .The law in Quebec is a limit of 63ft long.But really that boat adds little weight to his maximum tow.

Thanks for the heads up .Mike

Hey those are some nice 'eyes! Great job....that is a Northern not a hybrid.

I agree its a white perch - there are no lines running the lentgh of the body. Nice fish!

Edited by hydro