Callendar Bay, Nipissing Report

Sherriff

Headed up for our annual get together with the guys. We stay at Nanmark Cottages and always have a great time. The place is amazing...

Left Hamilton around 5:00am just to get up there and relax. Fishing is closed until midnight but just relaxing and catching up may be the best part of the entire trip.

We headed out at midnight just to give it a go. Skunk. Nothing. But still good to get back on the bay.

First thing in the morning we all headed out and the fishing was pretty good. The key was to just use the tried and true jig and a worm. Don't think colour mattered at all. I think the key was to get the correct jig weight for the drift we were doing. At times one guy in a boat of three was slaying the walleye while the other two did not get a nibble. A jig size was the only difference.

A few other species were landed on other presentations but the walleye seem to just take the jigs/worm combo.

I think everyone managed a walleye or at least had some pike, perch, rock bass or one of these to keep them busy.

Sheepie

baa.jpg

Throughout the weekend we found some new spots that were producing. The old spots and well known drifts did not seem as hot as previous years and the winds made it impossible to get a good drift down.

Here are a few catches.

Dana

dana.jpg

Jon

gaultier.jpg

Me with an eye in the slot. Back it went.

jeff.jpg

Frank

Frank.jpg

Scott with a surprise OOS smallie. Back it went.

p_Smallie.jpg

Guys

fellas.jpg

Fish fry

fry-1.jpg

The weekend came and went way to fast as always.

Rest.jpg

Callendar Bay Sunset....

dock.jpg

Sherriff