Thanks for making few holes for me and my sons

JorgeCarlos

Me and my oldest son met with younger son at vaughan mills parking lot and switch the stuff from my car to his pick up,for a ice fishing trip to Simcoe.When got to Killarney beach rd. at the lake i realize did not take stuff from trunk of my car,so we ended up with no auger.After about 500yds. walk we stop and ask this fisheman with atv and power auger if

he can help, he said i be there in a minute and ask how many hole we need we said 3 and two minutes later we were catching perch.People like this makes our fishing community. a lot better place for everyone.

THANKS Buddy we did not catch your name, but for sure was nice to meet you.

Well there you go!,still lots of nice people around.I would of done the same as I'm sure you would. :good: .

I know we all hear stories about the inconsiderate---er, let's just say 'hosers'--- out there but my experience says that most fisher folk are helpful, generous and have all sorts of good qualities. As J Cash sung ---bad news travels like wildfire, good news travels slow.

Yep, most are willing to help if you ask politely.

I once saw a group who couldn't get their auger started. Way out on the far side of long shoal. Then seen buddy a few hundred yards away fire up his sled and shoot over with his power auger and bust some holes for them.

when I'm up north or in outdoor situations, people seem friendlier and conversations are better

funny, I was sledding to my hut this weekend, some walk on guys were packed up and ready to head off the lake, they were walking while towing a portable hut and sleigh with all their gear through a foot of snow, I stopped about 200 yds away, thinking "should I go over and offer to tow their stuff in and give them a ride in?" I really wanted to help, I'm not in a hurry. I just continued towards my hut. Why- because I thought they would think I was trying to steal stuff (I guess I've spent too much time in the city???)

good story Rodelu