What keeps me off the streets (and the forum)

Spiel

those rods aren't going to like down easter's very much!!!

nice work spiel!

That just made my whole body cringe!

Very nice heirloom work as always Chris, truly master pieces, cant believe the colours, and grains of some of the exotic wood reel seats

When I chose my reel seat, that was the toughest thing to choose. You have got to see these seat blanks up close. Well you will be able to see his quality work up close the next time we meet up on the river.

He's just marking which one is his so he doesn't get them mixed up Art!!!

The workmanship just keeps getting better and better... I think you may have hit the end of the spectrum though Chris!

Actually, that is mine! All mine I say! lol I feel honoured to have what I believe is the first Spiel burnt sig.

Now guys quit praising him, at least until he is done building mine! ha ha ha

Cheers, Ron...

I have a few of Spiel's creations. I don't have any of those luxury reel seats. Main reason being that I use Downeasters. :) Got some pretty fancy thread work though. Every one of his rods are go to rods for me though.

Happy New Year to you as well Chris. Is that what you daydreamed about sitting up in the crane cab?

Works of art. Wish I could afford one. Any company discount???

We had a Gord Loomis from Utilities 25 years back, man time flies. He was from Mt. Hope as well. Same guy? He said he was. The guys loved pulling my chain sometimes.

1st Monday of every month 09:00 at The Egg and I for breakfast is a monthly get together for the Blast Furnace guys, Upper James if you have time sometime. I don't go often, no calendar here anymore. What's today?

• 2 months later...

I'm not out of ideas yet and have some new designs in the making, I'll update when I think I've got a worthy result.

Well as promised here's an update on an idea taken a little further.

The front reel seat hood is fully encapsulated in wood trying to get a seamless flow from cork to front hood to reel seat.

yP4fAfT.jpg

mAIF5h0.jpg

dq36rLG.jpg

0bNvYUe.jpg

d87HQdZ.jpg

Cheers