Made a little ice rink.

limeyangler

You and your family will certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of your rink. When my brothers and I were young, every winter we build an ice rink in the back yard. Enjoyed every minute of the rink except the snow shovelling. We used to get many times the snow we do now and they had not invented snow blowers yet.

Enjoy the rink!

Regards,

Snowball

Not a bad job eh? If the OFC game happens i'm wimping out and want to play on 'shirts' team…..lol. Its gonna be touch and go whether jack wants to skate as he was put off when he took a tumble on a smaller one i made with him a week ago. He seemed a little more enthusiastic when i said I would lace up my skates….so we will see.

Edited by limeyangler

Loved pond hockey. The neighbour would come out with his tractor to plow us a rink every winter, and occasionally drag out his PTO pump to flood the rink.

Sad to think I can't even stand up on a pair of skates any more.

Edited by bigugli

Loved pond hockey. The neighbour would come out with his tractor to plow us a rink every winter, and occasionally drag out his PTO pump to flood the rink.

Sad to think I can't even stand up on a pair of skates any more.

I played a game called bandy when we lived in Sweden…its like a cross between european field hockey and ice hockey, played on a rink the size of a soccer field….now that took some flooding. Awesome game by the way….also play with a ball not a puck.