You would think,,,,,,,,,,,

misfish

With CTC being as big as it is,their buying power would lead to lower pricing. It seems to be not the case. Looking at all the candy they have at the hunting and fishing dept. I find their prices over priced. Looking at a lot os stuff I would want to buy,I could probly save 50-60 or so bucks,just driving down to Sail in Vaughan. Thats gas included.

They (CTC) have the new Eskimo hub 3. 200 bucks more then I can get it from the new guy in town. Come on.

Anyone else find CTC outragous in their pricing?

Cant wait for Cabelas to open.

brian ...its inflated pricing is actually a genius marketing scam...they over price things so that they can put a yellow tag on it stating "regular XXX.99 now save 70%" Canadian tire wrote the book on this sales tactics...dont get me started on the Canadian Tire money laundering ...lol...

Got to admit CTC does have some decent sales.

I often buy their tools when on sale.

The latest item just last week was their 20volt lithium ion 3/8" drill and 1/4" impact driver combo complete with 2 batteries and charger for $150. :good::good:

My local store is the only store on the planet that stocks these!!!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Wol1_zpsfa939d6c.jpg

Wol2_zpsd49aeaf0.jpg

I wonder if they price match??

Most definitely, so I don't see the big deal. Bonus of 10% in funny money for your troubles as well.

PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE -We'll not only match any competitor's price, we'll beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the lower price in Canadian Tire 'Money'

*On an identical item. See in-store staff for details.

Yep,

I bought a transom mount 50lb thrust trolling motor from them, and got it for 10 percent less than the best price I could get it from Lebaron, who was incidentally the cheapest place around at the time. The store managers don't like doing it, but they absolutely will! I buy almost anything fishing or hunting related there, so long as I can find the item at regular price in the Lebaron (or other) catalogue, and as long as its the exact same product. Give it a try!

Bought a battery charger there a couple of months ago. $120.00. Sure enough it was half price 3 weeks later, so I sent Nita back with the receipt. They told her that the sale price matching lasted only 14 days, and that she was out of luck. Nita then asked what the return policy was. 30 days. She came home with a $60.00 credit. :worthy:

I found that out when a shower unit I bought to modify Jen's bathroom went on sale for 1/2 price, about 20 days after I had installed it. Went in with the receipt and was told.." sorry too much time has gone by. If you hadn't of installed or used it you could have returned it within 90 days". I said.. okay, I'll go buy another one off the shelf for 1/2 price.. go out that door and come back in this one with the old receipt and return it for full price. "Oh.. well.. never mind doing that.. here's your $99..."

Edited by irishfield

I found that out when a shower unit I bought to modify Jen's bathroom went on sale for 1/2 price, about 20 days after I had installed it. Went in with the receipt and was told.." sorry too much time has gone by. If you hadn't of installed or used it you could have returned it within 90 days". I said.. okay, I'll go buy another one off the shelf for 1/2 price.. go out that door and come back in this one with the old receipt and return it for full price. "Oh.. well.. never mind doing that.. here's your $99..."

Us consumers are getting pretty smart Wayne.

I have a policy when it comes to purchases at CTC do not buy anything unless it's on sale.

Personally I like the tire the only downside is the students they have working there assuming because they can pay them less....ask them something and you get that blank stare and the smell of burning brain matter!!!!

We get tons of people with these tricks at my store. We would have told you to go ahead and get another one and return. Inconvenience is the only incentive we have against the legal robbery phenomena that couponing created.

We get tons of people with these tricks at my store. We would have told you to go ahead and get another one and return. Inconvenience is the only incentive we have against the legal robbery phenomena that couponing created.

"Inconvenience"... if I was lazy the shower system would have still been in the box, not installed to the wall. Just pointing out the stupidity between their price guarantee policy (12 days) and their return policy (90 days).