Saw this yesterday... wasn't impressed.

Locnar

She was a good 24 inches or so... Beauty fish. Poor thing had the misfortune to be caught by the wrong person. All along the river there were tons of Russians fishing, elbow-to-elbow style, saw a few wheeling carts back with a couple big dirty chinnys in them... why anyone would want to take home a chinny from the river is beyond me...

I would have taken the rest of the roe, cept I didn't see it until I looked at the photo.

She was a good 24 inches or so... Beauty fish. Poor thing had the misfortune to be caught by the wrong person. All along the river there were tons of Russians fishing, elbow-to-elbow style, saw a few wheeling carts back with a couple big dirty chinnys in them... why anyone would want to take home a chinny from the river is beyond me...

I would have taken the rest of the roe, cept I didn't see it until I looked at the photo.

I've noticed an influx of Russian fisherman too, I dropped down into the Kawartha's for some evening dam fishing for walleye a few times, I saw walleye in the slot go into the trunk of the car, a small muskie go into the trunk of a car, I even nearly lost my rod when the guy that had crept up beside me, crossed my line, thought he had a bite, and then set the hook with a herculean yank

If the idiot just kept the fish and ate it he would have harvested the roe legally and would have gotten a meal to boot.

You're assuming this person (and I use the term loosely) has a license. Given this obvious display of contempt for the resource, I wouldn't bet on it.

Edited by bigreddog

I've noticed an influx of Russian fisherman too, I dropped down into the Kawartha's for some evening dam fishing for walleye a few times, I saw walleye in the slot go into the trunk of the car, a small muskie go into the trunk of a car, I even nearly lost my rod when the guy that had crept up beside me, crossed my line, thought he had a bite, and then set the hook with a herculean yank

Unlike most areas, pickerel in the slot are keepable in the Kawarthas...those outside the slot must be returned...14" to 19" are keepable...

Unlike most areas, pickerel in the slot are keepable in the Kawarthas...those outside the slot must be returned...14" to 19" are keepable...

Depends on where you are in the Kawarthas. Balsam has a reverse slot -- you can't keep a walleye if it's between 35cm - 50cm

Edited by bigreddog

Yup welcome to the GTA fall carcass/roe slaughter !!! It's nothing new been going on forever but it's just more and more people doing it all the time as the population grows !!!! And with social media now the public is going to get involved sooner or later and they will probly ban fall creek fishing ?? It would not suprise me it's just a gong show and a sensless thing but it labels us all as fishermen who would do this as we as a group can do nothing to stop it or we end up going to jail !!!! When will we take our fisheries back from all the idiots ??? And that's not just creek fishing !!!! Ever been to a Kawartha lakes dam and see the bucket brigades in action ?? It would be easy to stop just not the legal way !!!!

I still believe in my theory. Close one tribe a year.Cycle them. Then again,our govermint needs to have those to protect. Oh wait,we pay to fish and do as we please. Why do we need laws then? Theres no one to protect.

Retract with reply ,,,,,,,,,,,, Sorry about that.

Edited by Misfish

I still believe in my theory. Close one tribe a year.Cycle them. Then again,our govermint needs to have those to protect. Oh wait,we pay to fish and do as we please. Why do we need laws then? Theres no one to protect. Oh wait,I,ll call the hot line,,,,,,,Ring,ring ring,,,,,,,,,,,,Right on,answering machine.

Hello,this is Steven Harper,Im sorry,but your hard earned fishing dollars are being redirected to our save the trees fund.Everyone loves trees If you are in need of a MNR officer,they are no longer on call,as our free the bear spring hunt is,doing just fine now. I thank you for your continuing support of our natural resource. Feel free to support our endless none support of your natural resources.

If you feel you have been satisfied press one. If you feel you want to piss on Steven Harper and his P3TA followers,,press,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Harper is federal; MNR is provincial. If you have issues with MNR then it is the provincial Liberals that you should be complaining too.