bullfrogs

millerman

Personally I find the fake frogs they sell work just as good if not better - River2Sea, Booya, LiveTarget, even berkley make lifelike frog imitations that will catch bass and you'll forgoe the catching, keeping them alive on a hot day, and piercing them with a hook......which is the worst part imo - lol

Yes, I believe you are allowed to use leopard frogs as long as you catch them yourself. I believe you may have 12 in posession.

X2

Northern leopard frogs are the only allowed frogs. Limit if 12.

Pg. 10 of the current Regulations Summary.

If I catch 12 frogs they ain't going into no basses stomach.....Thats some good eating right there. I also have the same problem when I find crawfish too.

Art

I'd be in the same position. Looking at my bait bucket, looking at my butter, looking at bait bucket, looking at cast iron frying pan...

man it was a question calm you nuts

Another question about an illegal thing to do !!! Why don't you read the regulations ......there have been a lot if these questions lately..... Grrrrrr

plus i asked because the frogs were pretty much for eating but i figured were ever i can find bullfrogs i could find leopard frogs

hmmm, so a new member asks a question and finds out it's illegal(he also mentioned eating them, which is legal)....isn't that a great function of these online forums? to educate

it's sometimes nice to pass along wisdom, rather than tearing a young guy a new crap hole...

only leopard frogs can be used as bait....but as for the eating question, bull frog legs taste great fried in butter or bbq'ed with your preferred sauce, comparable to a chicken wing kind of

Bullfrogs

Holders of a valid recreational fishing licence may catch and retain bullfrogs for personal use from July 21 - Oct. 15; the possession limit is 10. No firearm other than a longbow or crossbow may be used to take bullfrogs. A person may hunt bullfrogs at night without a firearm and may shine a light for that purpose.

Bullfrogs may not be taken in the City of Ottawa, the Counties of Prescott and Russell, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry, Leeds and Grenville, Lanark, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington, Prince Edward, Northumberland, Peterborough, the City of Kawartha Lakes, or in the townships in the County of Hastings south of, and including, the townships of Marmora and Lake, Tudor and Cashel, Elzevir and Grimsthorpe.

Please note it is illegal to take bullfrogs, northern leopard frogs, green frogs or snapping turtles from provincial parks.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_165367.html