Walleyes Gone Wild! A Father And Son Fly In Trip With Hearst Air

solopaddler

That lake looks awfully familiar.... B) Fantastic report Mike. It really is amazing how our trips were about a week and a half apart, yet both groups experienced very similar and fantastic fishing!! Great to see your trip was as good, if not better than ours. Brendan's enthusiasm is priceless!! Reminds me of myself and my love for fishing when I was a kid.

As he said "Daddy, I'm a better fisherman than you I think!"

He certainly is a good one! Thanks for the report Mike, felt like I was right back there. :canadian:

Thanks so much guys, your comments are all very much appreciated!

This is probably one of the best "fishing" related posts I have ever read! Any kid would be proud to have you for his dad. Any dad would be proud to have a kid like Brendan for a son.

Good for both of you and If I was booking a fly in trip my first call would be to Hearst Air.

I'm almost at a loss for words with this reply. Thanks Cliff.

I'll wager you had fun too :)

You better believe it!

Your son has the walleye belly hold down pat by the looks of it as well :good:

Yep, took a few tries but he got it eventually.

That lake looks awfully familiar.... B) Fantastic report Mike. It really is amazing how our trips were about a week and a half apart, yet both groups experienced very similar and fantastic fishing!! Great to see your trip was as good, if not better than ours. Brendan's enthusiasm is priceless!! Reminds me of myself and my love for fishing when I was a kid.

He certainly is a good one! Thanks for the report Mike, felt like I was right back there. :canadian:

Thanks Will. I believe it's a true testament to the lake and the outfitter that we both reported similar experiences. Thanks for the kind words!

Edited by Mike Borger

This is another great report Mike. You did a good job of capturing in words both the importance and significance of father/son bonding. It brought a sense of nostalgia for me of the trips I took when my son was young.Like its been said, cherish it brother they grow up really quick. I notice the hat on Brendan's head is featured a lot. Is this one going to be published? It deserves to be ,not so much for the fishing info but for the warm fuzzy feeling that a father/son trip can bring about.

Edited by Musky or Specks

This is another great report Mike. You did a good job of capturing in words both the importance and significance of father/son bonding. It brought a sense of nostalgia for me of the trips I took when my son was young.Like its been said, cherish it brother they grow up really quick. I notice the hat on Brendan's head is featured a lot. Is this one going to be published? It deserves to be ,not so much for the fishing info but for the warm fuzzy feeling that a father/son trip can bring about.

Thanks Brad! And no this one isn't being published, but it's possible some of the better photos may be.

Cheers

Hey Mike

Another amazing trip and report!!

Brings back 'LOTS' of memories for me.

The can of beans had to be 'Zoodles' or 'Alpha Ghetti' cause they did not like beans LOL

And talking about memories Wait till they tell ya about things that happened 20 years ago that you do not remember.

Rick

Thanks guys, once again your comments are appreciated!

Brendan really is a "chip" Mike :Gonefishing: Great report !!!

Awesome would be the only word to describe it. Thanks for sharing :clapping:

It's always a pleasant surprise to see you chime in Rick. Here's hoping we can get out together in the fall with the long sticks.

Hey Mike, just got back from vacation and saw your post. Terrific report and the enthusiasm of your son is just priceless.

Thanks for putting that together.

Kind of whets your appetite for September, eh buddy?