Got my new toy today and got to play today.

misfish

Im back on the water in my new float boat.LOL

First off,I give a huge kudos to Le baron . They had a great deal on a float tube. This tube in my opinion was much better then the one I was going to buy from BPS and 25 dollars less. I called down there last night and all they had was the floor model,but told me they would package it up and put my name on it. I said great,I,ll be there at 9 am. Walk in,good morning,I was talking to Bob,and he put a float tube away for me. One minute sir. Out he comes with it. Nice to see them do that for me.

While there,picked up a 12 volt plug in pump. 1/2 the price CTC was asking for the same one.

Had my bud Terry with me.,He couldnt say no to going out and buying more stuff for the boat. HEHE.

I couldnt wait to get home set it up,but before that,one last stop to get me some flippers. I will tell ya,5 minutes flat. Blow up the two chambers,put the support tube in and wham bam,ready for fishing. Deflating was fast as well. air out,fold it up,and in the trunk it went.

Im a happy pond jumper.

005_zps59ee4946.jpg

006_zps8dcf2b20.jpg

007_zps499155fd.jpg

I tried to get Terry to buy one,but he said no,cuz there was no place to mount a motor. :lol:

Edited by Misfish

sweet. You don't need a motor, just a tow rope. Terry can pull ya out to the laker spot and you can jig while he trolls. With a little practice, you should be able to get a big on to bring you back in.

Nice !!!

When's it getting slimed !!!

I'm headed up to do some bear baiting next week near a small stocked rainbow lake on crown land . Extra hands are good ;-) and you get a new lake .

Let me know

Cheers

Ry

:):good:

I need to find another tuber to flow down the Notty. Park at the end,and drive to the launching area. Just think of the spots. :worthy:

Edited by Misfish

Well I spend most the afternoon trying to up load a vid of my outing,but it seemed to fail on two site??????

Got out yesterday morning til the sun was to hot. I cant believe I didnt get one of these sooner. Their a blast. I hit a small piece of water that didnt have any boat traffic to worry about. Once I got the jest of manouvering the float with flippers,I was getting around with ease. You sit high up in it and it,s very stable and comfortable.There was a holder for my morning coffee, The two compartments are more then big enough for a day outing of tackle. The bow has a mesh bottom that will hold my small lunch bag. Theres a holding bag on the back of the seat. My net fit in it just perfect. I think though,I will grab a cheap kayak paddle,to give the knees a break at times.Also I found the flippers to be to long. They are meant for scuba diving. Glad I kept my receipt.

All in all,I am very happy with my new toy,and cant wait to get out in it again.

Just another fishing chapter in the books Lew. Wonder if I can train a hooked musky, to tow me around.HAHAHA

Cuzza,the water was like soup. Not real refreshing. I,ll bet Simcoe will be refreshing. I know a nice shore line Im going to try for smallies.

Rich,great minds think alike. LOL

Dave,I,ll be sure to wave,as I pass through the first pool. ;)

Casting a spinner bait or body bait is easy. I,m waiting to see how the fly fishing is. That may take a bit of time to master being that low to the water. Might bring a helmet just in case.

Edited by Misfish

Brian,you need a fishin buddy II,Really, best portable fish finder you can get for trolling,still,or ice fishing.Three weeks now with the side and down imaging Sweeet. 20 hours and still showing full battery.Check them out if you have a spot to attach a holder. Watched a pike come in on the side finder at 24',coming towards the boat and picked up the lure at 17'out.Wow is all I can say,weighed in at 7lbs.Many bass caught with that feature.Just sayin lol. Good to see it's workin out well for you!!

Great purchase for ya. I've owned a pair of float tubes for 5 years now and honestly, I prefer trout fishing in a float tube over a boat. It's been the best fishing investment that I've ever made. There's nothing like hooking into 18-20'' brookies in a float tube. What a rush I tell ya!!! As for fly fishing, if it gets too tough to cast around dry flies, just troll around with streamers.

Where the hell did that double chin come from?????????????? :rofl2::rofl2:

I cant wait to hit some inland small lake for them WF.

Bill September?????? Maybe November,but only my lower legs are in the water. If they get cold,I can just put them up on the bar and cruise lazely. LOL

Edited by Misfish