back lake bassin' and atv exploring report

chris.brock

Me and my buddy Cam went into the bush to scope out new lakes and try to figure out how to get to ATV trails we had previously found

The day would involve a fair bit of hiking to try and connect the dots and figure out how to access the trails

the mossies weren't too bad, the deer flies were relentless though, here's a deer fly trap on the back of Cam's helmet

100_2354_zps1d0e8ca8.jpg

you spend a lot of effort to get into these spots and what do you find??? a boat cache

100_2355_zpsf0931c53.jpg

we even had some time for fishing, I lost a 4 + lbs largie while trying to lip it at the side of the boat, here's Cam with one

100_2357_zpsa806c569.jpg

some other pics

100_2361_zps111f8fa2.jpg

100_2358_zps560132bf.jpg

100_2359_zps9cbe9b5a.jpg

we now have 2 new lakes to check out, so many lakes, so little time

Your boats or someone elses?

Finders,users.LOL

Use to trek back to a small lake with some buds.An hour of bush wacking. Some how,others knew the area,and there was a half dozen canoes at the spot. One time we decided to use one. The owner showed up. Wasnt pissed at all. Thats where I got the saying,,Finders,users. Exactly what the owner said.LOL

Deer trap in cool.

TFS

Edited by Misfish

Yes, until you spend hours in time and labor dragging them in, then have people cutting your chains, stealing your stashed oars, leaving your boats to drift etc. Plus leaving them full of used plastic baits, dead line, beer cans and garbage and then not bothering to flip them back over when done so they can fill up with rainwater. Add to that, they had to trespass through your hunt camp, that is PRIVATE and the only accessible trail has been maintained by yourselves and one other camp back in the bush..... Finders users indeed. If people had half a brain about it, guys like me and my hunt gang would have a pretty laid back attitude about the use of our boats, however we don't because dum dums come through and make a mess, with no regard to our labours!

Finders,users.LOL

Use to trek back to a small lake with some buds.An hour of bush wacking. Some how,others knew the area,and there was a half dozen canoes at the spot. One time we decided to use one. The owner showed up. Wasnt pissed at all. Thats where I got the saying,,Finders,users. Exactly what the owner said.LOL

If people had half a brain about it, guys like me and my hunt gang would have a pretty laid back attitude about the use of our boats, however we don't because dum dums come through and make a mess, with no regard to our labours!

Im talking back 25 years or so. Today,Im not surprised. Even a trip back to where we deer hunted ,trails galore by ass in hats. Spots that use to take a good hike to get too,cut and trailed for ATV access.. Open to anyone now. That pisses me off the most. Lazy #$$%#%@#.

If you don't want people using your cached boats, don't cache them! Simple!

I've worked my butt off getting boats into lakes like that, and if I show up and someone is using it, then so be it. I wish them good luck. I also spray paint "use don't abuse" inside them. I've nevver had an issue.

Maybe you stepped on someones toes, or pissed someone off by blocking access to "your" lake?

Just sayin......it pisses me off when guys start whining about people using cached boats!

Well done Chris !!!! Man it brings back memories I did plenty of that in my 20's and before back surgery !!! Lol. Hard work payed off for you guys !!! The lake and scenery looks nice !!! I can tell you guys are planning a return trip !!!! Cheers

I don't care if it pisses you off, it is certainly my right to give an opinion! its a message board, thats what they are for! Your response indicates you have no idea the time, elbow grease and cashola that goes into being a member of a large organized jointly owned year round hunt/fish camp. We block access to nothing, and have great relations with our neighbouring camps. But from time to time, every camp in the area has had troubles with freeloaders. There was a time we didn't have to chain stuff down, or take oars out of the bush. Not so much anymore!

It's funny , on one of Chris's last backwoods fishing reports he talked of using a boat that was cached , after looking at his pic of the lake lone behold it was one of our boats we have stashed at the lake . Small world eh. A quick pm varified it .

I have no problems with anyone using our stashed boat, we use other people's. luckily no bad experiences yet .

my understanding is if  they are not on private property cached boats need a  permit and if you just leave them you lose all rights to them, so they are "Finders,users"

now leaving them adrift or damaged isn't cool

cool finding new lakes, I take my boat with me

photo DSCF2321.jpg

Great fishes buboy, looks like we fast forward to the future. Camera time stamp says 2021-07-01 LOL . Hope that is no what fishng looks like in the future lol

darn, I actually took the time to reset the date and I bugged it up

Hahaha, I know that cache of boats also LOL.

seems like you've done a fair bit of exploring around here too, we should chat sometime and maybe share some info

Your boats or someone elses?

the picture of the boat cache was someone else's boats, we didn't use them, the boat we used that day we had permission to use, but I do "borrow" cached boats, I always leave them better than I found them though

Well done Chris !!!! Man it brings back memories I did plenty of that in my 20's and before back surgery !!! Lol. Hard work payed off for you guys !!! The lake and scenery looks nice !!! I can tell you guys are planning a return trip !!!! Cheers

yeah, I hear ya, I'm feeling my age too, riding the bush trails and hiking had me pretty worn out

Nice report!!

Tell Cam Spiro says "whats up!" We hunted together last fall a couple times.

will do, Cam's kind of a living legend up here, I don't know anybody with better bush smarts than Cam,

Edited by chris.brock

I don't care if it pisses you off, it is certainly my right to give an opinion! its a message board, thats what they are for! Your response indicates you have no idea the time, elbow grease and cashola that goes into being a member of a large organized jointly owned year round hunt/fish camp. We block access to nothing, and have great relations with our neighbouring camps. But from time to time, every camp in the area has had troubles with freeloaders. There was a time we didn't have to chain stuff down, or take oars out of the bush. Not so much anymore!

Like I said, if it bothers you, don't leave the boats there. Simple.

Trust me, I well know whats involved in a hunt/fish camp, that's why I stay away from joinly owned organized camps. Too much drama, and too many whiners!

S.

Like I said, if it bothers you, don't leave the boats there. Simple.

Trust me, I well know whats involved in a hunt/fish camp, that's why I stay away from joinly owned organized camps. Too much drama, and too many whiners!

S.

Clearly your doing it wrong!