Keeping Plastics on Jig Heads Longer

Matt Janes

My wife and I have been using the Berkley Gulp 4" Minnows with great success this year. One major problem we've been having is that they start sliding down the jig head 4 or 5 casts (sometimes less) after rigging them up. Does anyone have any advice on how we could rig them differently to keep them on the jig head better or a different way of rigging them with a hook and weight?

Thanks,

Matt

1105006.jpg.png

leadheadjigs1.jpg

Ya like the guys said above !!! I use crazy glue all the time but for gulp products it doesn't work well so for sure change your jig heads !!!! There are so many styles now with different wire keepers and even owner hooks have twist lock springs on them for grubs and worms !!!! You can use shaky head jigs too they have small screw in springs to hold the grub/minnow in place !!!! Years ago we used to use small pieces of tubing off blackbird floats to keep bait in place ... Gotta experiment and try different jig head combos and crazy glue it's pretty easy to do ....hope this helps

One caution to remember with Krazy Glue, and all cyanoacrylates: water accelerates the curing, so try to make sure your fingers are dry. Not easy to do when fishing, but do your best. The advantage is that you don't need to wait for the glue to dry, just chuck it into the water immediately and it sets faster than if you wait.

One caution to remember with Krazy Glue, and all cyanoacrylates: water accelerates the curing, so try to make sure your fingers are dry. Not easy to do when fishing, but do your best. The advantage is that you don't need to wait for the glue to dry, just chuck it into the water immediately and it sets faster than if you wait.

I didn't know that!

I don't like the gulp baits because they are too soft. But I use finesse plastics from lunker city. They make there own jigheads for there plastics too. The collar of the jighead is threaded like a screw and the fish never ever pull them off. I end up tearing a badly chewed up body off and replacing it with a new body before the fish tears it off.