Alligator Muskie

captpierre

Finally got out today at the cottage on Pigeon. Acceptible winds for a change.

Anyway a 24 inch 'eye on a large clown Husky Jerk in 3 ft of water near rocks. Back she went.

Was 3pm in bright sun with a steel leader. Not suppose to happen.

Did see, for the second time in my life, a decent ski cruising around like a gator with it's head and eyes above water.

About 20 yrds from me in about 15 ft of water. After 30 seconds, a flip of the tail and it was gone

What are they doing when they do that. Trying to warm up in the warmer surface water?

peter

hahaha same here. I dont' think a musky has any knowledge and/or care of the surface world. Useless he's got land envy.

Sounds like thats what the musky WANT you to think when they RISE UP AND TAKE THE POWER BACK!! lol

I had almost the same thing happen to me years ago on the Ottawa river near Shirleys bay. A bud an I were trolling and had not got a sniff if a Muskie. We decided to call it a day and had started to reel in the lines. I was trolling a spinnerbait and was reeling fast, the bait came to the surface and was skipping along to the boat. I turned around when the bait was about 20' behind the boat and saw this Muskie on the surface, head almost out of the water, chasing the bait. I stopped reeling and let the fish catch up. When it did, it just did an about face and with its head still out of the water, took off like a bat out of hell. It stayed on the surface for about another 30' or so. Was the weirdest thing fish related I've ever seen.