Mono recommendations

bigcreekdad

I don't know about thinnest... But the strongest toughest mono I know is Berkeley "big game"

It's a great price... Like 8-10$ for a 1/4lb spool....

And tough as nails... I drag it across rocks... Muscles... And get lots of accidental musky on it and it does very well...

Very stiff... if your putting it on a spinning reel it's not the best...

Yep...big game and xt are great for baitcasters...super tough. I run XL on my spinning reels...ive yet to find a lighter mono I like more.

8lb mono runs anywhere from .008" to .012" in diameter. XT is one of the thinnest at .008". I use XL on spinning reels as well.

Said it before and I will say it again...

Ande...

No idea how thin it is, but married to right rod and real combo it is outstanding.

I will however back the XT for abrasion resistence....you can bang that stuff on anything and it still holds up. Just not as subtle as the Ande.

I don't know about thinnest... But the strongest toughest mono I know is Berkeley "big game"

It's a great price... Like 8-10$ for a 1/4lb spool....

And tough as nails... I drag it across rocks... Muscles... And get lots of accidental musky on it and it does very well...

Very stiff... if your putting it on a spinning reel it's not the best...

I agree, I used big game back when I use to use Mono as my main line more.

Cabelas Pro Line for me. After a couple of decades I find no need to switch.

"We feel so confident in our fishing lines, we invite you to field test any of our Cabela's lines against any other lines, regardless of price, for a period of 60 days. If you are not 100% satisfied, return them for a full refund, no questions asked."

Thanks. Will have to change mine before the fall.Some nice lines at that site.

If you want a good mono for your float rig, get some Drennan Super Speciallist Super Mono. Although you should just run Nanofil/braid instead :) Once you do, you'll never go back.