And the cancer dance continues

bigugli

• 4 weeks later...

Well, session 5 has been cancelled until Judy can get rid of a nasty cold bug. Good thing too. She's been feeling right miserable the past few days. The past few weeks I've been wearing the pink ribbon around my hat at market. It has certainly attracted attention

DSCN4129_zpsd5a3edc3.jpg

On a darker note, My Aunt Betty slipped peacefully, without suffering, an hour ago. A lively person who marched to the beat of her own drum, I will miss her deeply.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a few weeks. Judy has had a very busy, and rough time of things. Started a new Chemo 2 weeks back, Taxol. Creates a lot of muscle and joint pain and neuropathy. She also threw a couple of blood clots as a complication to her chemo regimen. They missed them on the first ultrasound, and only found them when they realized they could not start an IV due to moderate edema. Now she gets to give herself 90 days worth of heparin injections to break down the clots.

Thankfully, today's chemo session was relatively uneventful.

As an individual that was very lucky a few years back with the Bladder thing, a cystoscopy and 6 month scopes I just thank someone up there. I'm not a religious guy but my prayers for you all can't hurt.

BigUgli, I'm not that far from you, if there is anything I can do for you just PM me, plenty of time on my hands right now and time to lend one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another rocky week while we continue the cancer dance with 5 days of clinics. Judy still runs into difficulties with her IV's. Nothing goes easily. Usually an hour or more to start an IV. She had a picc line, but that occluded and plugged after one treatment. It also caused a few DVT's in the arm. After 2 days of attemting to do a CT, they have found a couple more small DVT's in the lungs. All of that is treatable with a daily diet of Heparin for a few months.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. One more chemo treatment for Judy to undergo. The better news is that radiation treatments will not be necessary

I'm glad for the good news, as is Judy. It's just hard watching all the complications, endless clinic visits, extra tests, wear Judy down. Its also hard to look after things when you keep having to go back again the next day, and the next, and the next...

But with any luck, we'll be done with most of it before Christmas.

The complications are just speed bumps on the road to recovery. I went through hell and back to get my body to tolerate the silver bullet for lymphoma, rituximab. It almost killed me but with perserverance, we got it into me. Grind it out and keep smiling for your mrs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...