Okay, what the heck is this noise in my backyard? NF!!

Joey

This has been going on in my backyard for about 2 hours now. I have searched the whole neighbourhood and it is definately in my backyard, but it is too dark to see anything.

Is is a frog or bug. Has anyone ever heard this before. It is so loud!

Yes spring peepers !!!!! We have tons of them where I live !!!!!! They sure make a racket !!!!!! There is a big farm pond about 1/8 mile from my house and they have been at it for about 2 weeks now !!!!!! Every spring I love it!!!! Have to dodge them on the road every morning on the way to work !!!!! Lol

Well I just find it weird I've lived in Ontario most of my life, born and raised, moved a few times in and around Ontario, and I have never heard anything this loud. I actually thought it was someone's house alarm going off at first. Sure was neat and after awhile, it lulled me to sleep :)

I open my pool early every year just to keep them ouut of it. It gets really loud when you get a bunch of them, and spring peepers all together!

Right now I have this dumb woodpecker who keeps pecking on my sat dish. Its like a gong going off every morning at 445am! I'd rather have the toads and peepers! Even my neighbours are complaining lol

S.

I thought maybe it was the steam blowing out of Pauls ears,trying to remember laker way points. HAHAHAHAHA

Never heard that before either J. Really cool.

Hahahaha, maybe that was it B :)

p.s. Will let you know about Sunday by tomorrow night K

Edited by Joey

I open my pool early every year just to keep them ouut of it. It gets really loud when you get a bunch of them, and spring peepers all together!

Right now I have this dumb woodpecker who keeps pecking on my sat dish. Its like a gong going off every morning at 445am! I'd rather have the toads and peepers! Even my neighbours are complaining lol

S.

That dumb woodpecker must leave your place and arrive at my place by 6:50 am. Driving me nuts with his rapping on the steel guard on the telephone pole. Six mornings straight so far. LOL