Lowrance meh....!

bassassin

So just got off the phone with cmc electronics about my GPS (Lowrance Global Map 330 c) which will no longer turn on. CMC takes care of lowrance much like the old lowrance office on Matheson use to do, which was taken over by Navico,which is no longer there. anyways back a couple of years ago you could bring your unit in and they would either fix it or provide you with a newer version at a discounted price since you were a faithful customer. Well times have changed long story short they dont support this product anymore or the puck style antenna apprantly, so we have a paper weight formerly known as a gps. and no they will not get you into a new unit at a discounted price so long story short they cant do anything for use, thank you Lowrance for friggin nothing, and hello hummingbird!

just wanted to complain.....For a GPS used 100 to 150 times to fail completely, a little disapointed....

Edited by bassassin

Guest ----

Another satisfied Lowrance customer :sarcasm: Their customer service and quality control has become somewhat of a joke. Just be thankful you only had a gps and not a chartplotter/sonar combo where the stock transducer craps out every couple years.

The same hold true for customer service for my pooched Garmin. It was over a grand new. They are like flat screen TV's now, mostly unrepairable, basically told to go out and buy a new unit after the warranty runs out, less money than repair plus shipping. Thanks Garmin I could have done that before I spent a week trying to talk to a real human from Garmin in the first place.

Best custommer service is the ones you never call. I have only had a lowrance since this ice season, so far so good. knocking on wood. Prior I was always humminbird. I can't say I had any issues with those either accept one had a screen go bad, but was out of warranty.

I have always been a Bird man to be honest I only need to see the bottom I dont really look for fish "I fish for them" hell I grew up using paper graphs on the lake looking for bananas

If your a tourney guy I can see wanting all the great wizardry that is available(on that end I think its like performance enhancing drugs) a normal joe fishereman(no offence to Joe)just needs to see bottom. hell I have only had 3 units since I was a kid A flasher I used for 20 years an early model Lowrance (boat anchor) "I catch fish!"

save your money for better reels or rods or clothing or something.

and to make it more interesting I gave my bird(5 years old and still blazing away) unit to my dad to take down east because it has a GPS and and I now have possession of his Lowrance seahawk(new boat anchor). It will do the trick as for service its not just them we live in a disposable world just "buy" another one

just my rant

Cheers

Peter

Edited by BITEME.Esq

I'm a lowrance guy. Always have been. I've never had any serious problems. I've replaced a few transducers, but that's to be expected.

I have a brand new lowrance I need to install.

I have used birds as well, I'm just familiar with settings and buttons on lowrance units. They all work good.

S.

Owned and never had problems with two lower-end Lowrance units over the years, an X67... and an old portable FishEasy2 (Eagle)

Now have a new HDS7 to be installed in the Lund and hoping that works out great because, I also have two Humminbirds currently that are great units as well.

Sorry to hear their service blows... Will pray I don't need their help.