Trent Pike Trip, With Pic. Was I right to be pissed??

Cloudy15

I did mange to get out on the Trent in my Old boat, trolling motor wasn't working tho.

Water levels where fine in the section I was in Lock 18 a the bottom end.

Should I of been pissed, didn't see a boat the whole time, up in till the end of the day. I had found a small little bay and was anchored( trolling motor wasn't working :wallbash: ), and then I guy in a bass boat see us catch two pike and two bass really quickly. HE then starts fishing with in casting distance( I did have a massive surface lure ) even doing a complete circle around us at one point. Opening bass maybe I get it, but we where the only two wrong word boats for miles. I was pretty close to saying something like, why don't you get a little closer, stuck to stink eye tho.

My buddy fishing said he saw him put a bass in his box, but I didn't see so couldn't say anything.

Anyways it was a good trip five pike caught and surprisingly few bass. It did take me a little to long to get us on the fish, I always save my best spot for to long.

Here is the best fish of the trip, it is no monster lol. My friends who don't fish where losing their mind tho.

20130504_095748.jpg

The best way to drive the guys in a nice boat nuts is catching fish in front of them - it stings a little bit more especially if you're in a piece of crap boat where they'll look at you and think they're so much better because of their "equipment"

One year for a pike T, I was in my little canoe with a buddy pulling up to a spot that didn't have anyone there. Next thing you know there were 2 other boats that pulled up, obviously wanting to fish the same spot. I got cut off rather quickly, but I made my way in anyways to fish behind them. Luckily, me and my buddy each pull out a pike (One on that spot, and one just off the spot, but in visible sight of them) while they spent their time casting away.

There are spots on Rice where everybody goes, and spots on Doe where everybody goes. How do you know that you didn't camp right on the spot that this guy fishes every outing?

Honestly, how do you know?

Jim

Fifty years ago a wise man told me that when someone can get into your mind and dictate how you're going to feel for the rest of the day...that, is the ultimate put down. Don't pet the sweaty stuff. Smile and move on. :)

There are spots on Rice where everybody goes, and spots on Doe where everybody goes. How do you know that you didn't camp right on the spot that this guy fishes every outing?

Honestly, how do you know?

Jim

So what is it is his reg spot. I was anchored and he did i complete circle around me with in my casting distance ... Share the spot just give me some room

Cloudy... Bass opener one year I had the same thing happen. Two boats... I was in a floattube and it took a long while to get to that spot kicking my legs. They came in on me after hooking a big fish, and I ended up kicking right over to the otherside of the lake... where there, in a about 2-3 hours, caught 2-3 dozens largies on a buzzbait. Karma will pay ya back man.

I like what Roy said too

So what is it is his reg spot. I was anchored and he did i complete circle around me with in my casting distance ... Share the spot just give me some room

Okay....you can only cast in one direction with each cast. So if we think about it like the numbers on a clock and you are in the middle of the clock, you have the other eleven numbers to cast at. So, no - you are not right to be pissed (hey dude, you asked). Alright, I'm pulling your chain a bit but we do all have to share.

My brother-in-law is like that. When everyone else is anchored and jigging (in one of those spots that I mentioned) he goes trolling around and through everyone. One time I got my lure stuck on a guy's anchor rope while in the back of his boat. I freaked, cut my line and said "get me the **** out of here!". It is one of the reasons that I bought my own boat and fish alone if I have to rather than going in someone's boat that pulls stunts like that. And I hate guys that pimp spots. I also hate guys that pull in front of you and anchor when you are working a drift.

Jim

I'd be pissed too. Out here it happens all the time. Water from Detroit to Niagara and someone sees someone else anchored and they figure you are on jumbo perch. Next thing you know a guy pulls up so close you can read the time on his watch. I used to fish with an oldtimer that would troll between anchored boats, it was just plain embarrassing. As far as ,putting a bass in the livewell I have no idea what was going on there. I have been told a bass will secrete some type of enzyme when distressed that will spook other fish, your supposed to put them in a livewell until they calm down, so maybe they were doing the right thing. Come to think of it Dave Mercer said to do that on one of his shows.

I have been told a bass will secrete some type of enzyme when distressed that will spook other fish, your supposed to put them in a livewell until they calm down, so maybe they were doing the right thing. Come to think of it Dave Mercer said to do that on one of his shows.

That could be, but it's still May 5! I'd be pissed too, sounds more like river fishing :wallbash:

Edited by Christopher k

You cannot put an out of season fish in your livewell !!!!!! It is illegal they have to releases immediately !!! Typical idiots if it was a bass and not a crappie !!!!!!!! Nice pike for you guys tho!!!! Next time write down their boat number and take a pic !!!!

I had some guy pull something similar this weekend on Lake O. I had a troll going for probably a good 20 mins (Niagara Bar off to the deep water) and this guy pulls up and starts trolling the contour, right on a collision course for me. He got within 20ft of the boat until I had to turn (Because it didn't look like he was going to)... The best part? Landing a 13lb King right in front of him, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!!!!!! Karma is a ______.

I had some guy pull something similar this weekend on Lake O. I had a troll going for probably a good 20 mins (Niagara Bar off to the deep water) and this guy pulls up and starts trolling the contour, right on a collision course for me. He got within 20ft of the boat until I had to turn (Because it didn't look like he was going to)... The best part? Landing a 13lb King right in front of him, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!!!!!! Karma is a ______.

love it when that happens bill !!!! when we ran a charter boat on lake ontario,we had guys follow us and try to fish right beside us,and yes karma is awesome !!!!!

Yes you are absolutely right. That's when you take a pic of their boats registration number and report them.

You cannot put an out of season fish in your livewell !!!!!! It is illegal they have to releases immediately !!! Typical idiots if it was a bass and not a crappie !!!!!!!! Nice pike for you guys tho!!!! Next time write down their boat number and take a pic !!!!

this works for me almost always

throw a marker over 50=100 yrds from where your catching

great boat attracter by the end of the day I have seen 20-30 boats around the marker not catching anything

then drive amoungst them retrieve marker go home

i have similar problems, only its with dog walkers, fishing a pool, some dumb@ss comes along with their dog and lets it pounce through the pool im fishing.

the odd time i do get out into a boat, i find scugog really bad, be fishing a spot, and some guy pulls up anchors, and jumps in the water, or throws their dog in.

Anybody that lets their dog run loose when people are fishing have the chance of getting the dog hooked. That person is a nimnob and daft, and it's not fair to the dog. My fish doesn't have to be on a leash but the dog does. And I let the dog owner know it must be leashed. That's what I really want, dog spit and drool all over my tackle box. I have heard and seen a dog sniff away at lurse in a box and got a hook in it's face, not a pretty scene.

Anybody that lets their dog run loose when people are fishing have the chance of getting the dog hooked. That person is a nimnob and daft, and it's not fair to the dog. My fish doesn't have to be on a leash but the dog does. And I let the dog owner know it must be leashed. That's what I really want, dog spit and drool all over my tackle box. I have heard and seen a dog sniff away at lurse in a box and got a hook in it's face, not a pretty scene.

just waiting for the day when some dog gets in the way of my back cast