Ones better none. Sweet vicory

misfish

It,s been a long dry spell for me this spring.The last fish I caught was a 2 pound rainbow back in early March. Not sure if I was doing something wrong,or I just didnt adapted to the weird weather we have been having. Blown rivers,high waters,cold for a week,then the +20 temps for a week. I,ll tell ya,I was getting depressed. Well not really,but it was getting frustrating. Yesterday I was out on the Notty (told there was lots of fish) HAHAHAHAHAHA,get yer turkey yet bud? :P

Atleast I got my feed a fiddel heads. :D

002-24_zpsa4fdc671.jpg

So for todays outing,Im trying to decide,what,where,how,to fish Do I hit the notty for one more try,or do I go with the fly and streams? Well I decided to give the notty a try. I went,I saw,and after a couple of hours,I left. It,s only 7:30 plenty of time to try another spot. I had my 5 wt in the trunk,so headed to a nice stream.

As Im walking down to it,the bugs are crazy. In my ears,up my nose,in my eyes. Then it dawned on me,,,,,,,,,,,,,theres a hatch going on.SWEET.

I watch to see what they are. They look like black flys,but their not. Then I see a few larger ones,and get an idea of what I can try.

Not sure if you can see them flying around.

001-20_zpsccb391ed.jpg

002-24_zps417cfbc7.jpg

So I start throwing this little fly for about 10 minutes,with nothing to show. I was really watching the water for action,but there was no fish surfacing. Then it happen,yup,back swing,and catch me a nice tall pine. :w00t: Pull and I lose it. :oops:

I remember a post about late spring fishing,and it felt like it was today,with the warm weather and the water wasnt really that cold. So I go through my inventory and find me a #14 halgimiight.(sp)

I try a nice ripple area that goes into a nice pool. First swing,lands just nice. It makes it way down and hits the slack water WHAM. I lift,and the short fight is on. A few nice jumps and it was on the bank.

PB on a fly. A nice resident rainbow.Quick pic,and off he was, back to his play ground. :)

003-22_zps9768537f.jpg

004-13_zps9fbaabf8.jpg

Long post for a small fish,but I havent made a fishing related post in sometime.

OH WHAT A RELIEF IT IS. :good::lol:

My names not Terry any more. :worthy::rofl2:

Edited by Misfish

well thats just mean

Ah you got big shoulders,you can take it.LOL

Beauty and always a great feeling watching a fly getting nailed on a drift into a pool ain't it ?

Sure is.

At least you got that monkey of your back lol. Nice fish!

My back feels much better Dave. Thanks

right on. Washed my white stripe off today too. First slime in the boat for 2013.

Thats how you lift the blues brother. Way to go.