How to stop starter battery blue build up...

My 2 cents... or what every you value it at.... The entire point of dlelectric grease is to stop corrosion and keep contaminants out of the connection, which keeps the bare metal contact of the cable and battery post in tact (or your snow plow harness quick connect or what ever else you're using on it to keep clean). Being non-conductive is what you want for this.. it stops any voltage bleed off / leakage from the post to the surrounding contaminated battery case. You are not supposed to be depending on a "grease" to make the connection for you.. nothing can do that properly other than clean battery terminals and connectors.

That said.. I never use any grease on battery connections unless they are prone to getting wet constantly (my boat they're well covered). Make sure they are spotless when you make the initial connection and make sure they are tight and stay that way. Check them twice yearly and stay ahead of any sign of erosion.

wayne it's 5 cents due to rounding.

corrosion can be cleaned off with a baking soda soloution, again don't get it in the battery.

a big contributor to corrosion is voltage tracking across the battery case due to it being dirty again clean with baking soda.

i make sure all battery connections are clean dry and tight throw away wing nuts get ss regular nuts, i don't really like any kind of grease on the actual connection untill it's tightened (grease can leach out and loosen it over time) if i use it at all, usually use dielectric grease in electrical connectors , ignition wires ect to provide a measure of waterproffing, corrosion resistence and ease of disassembly.

another thing in marine apps is ventilation, poor venting can cause excess corrosion do to build up of vapors.

Corrosion is caused by a leaky seal at the battery post.This happens mostly from over tightening.If the battery is still under warranty with no damage to the post they will replace it.

If not a good cleaning and a generous amount of terminal spray should help to seal it back up.