BOQ Report\Fishing Derby

Well after reading Jen's report my pics won't be as exciting as those great fish caught by her gang. :clapping: Jen.

Well after my Skunk with my son Ryan it was off to the Bay of Quinte to try and catch some Walleye.It was so nice to cross the Bridge over the BOQ knowing that the fishing would soon begin.

124298.JPG

As planned Percher and I headed off to meet Sonny ,Easton and Jen we showed up a little later because we could not find Pickeral Park in the Dark and Percher had to get some Java at Timmies.Well we finally arrived.It was Great to meet you guys.

124300.JPG

From left to right,Percher,Mike the Pike,Jen,Easton and Sonny.

124299.JPG

Sonny showing me his fully loaded legend.

I would of liked to stay longer with the Pickeral Park Gang but I knew I had to get back

to get enough sleep so I could wake up at LEW OCLOCK. :whistling:

124301.JPG

Percher beginning the day looking for the Walleye.

124303.JPG

My fishing chauffeur Kenny starts our day off with the First little Walleye.

124322.JPG

124302.JPG

We met up with Sonny and I believe Easton's Dad.So we ask Sonny how he was doing and he says we caught one Walleye 8lbs another 5.9lbs.

Man was I envious of Sonny.Jen that should answer one of your questions on how much the fish weighed.

Well kenny caught a 2lb dinker and me I was still trying to get my first fish.WTG Sonny :clapping:

I took these 2 shots of Sonny riding beside us in his Legend before and after.

this will give you an idea of how choppy the waves were.

124304.JPG

124305.JPG

124306.JPG

Here are the 2 other members of our fishing party Dan and Dave.See Saw and Chain Saw.MAN CAN THESE GUYS SNORE AT NIGHT :sleeping_02::P

124308.JPG

From left to right My cousin Percher(Dan),Kenny,Dave,Danny,and Me MTP.

124307.JPG

After 14 hours and Fifteen minutes I finally land this little keeper for consumption UMMMMMMMMMM,

at 8:15pm Saturday and I can finally help my team.Team #4. :thumbsup_anim:

124319.JPG

124309.JPG

124310.JPG

Last week in my report with my son I told you all about the guy who snagged my planer board

and I lost a Lucky Craft Lure.

Well this morning (Sunday)I put on a deep diving crank bait and fate turns my way.I hooked into

a pile of line after wrapping a good pile of line around my hand and I pulled up this Reef runner in perfect condition.No rust.

124311.JPG

124312.JPG

Kenny taking it all in.SUN

124313.JPG

124318.JPG

Does anyone know what the red spot could be ?It also had a dark spot on the top Dorsal Fin.

I decided to let this one go.

124314.JPG

This was first prize in the Walleye category for the Quinte Fishing Tournament.

124315.JPG

First Prize in the Pike category.

124320.JPG

More Prizes.

124321.JPG

124317.JPG

124316.JPG

Reality check we had to go home :wallbash:

Overall we had a great weekend.No huge fish just some keepers.

It was nice to meet some more of our members. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I will be back in the BOQ in 2 weeks.

Mike the Pike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great stuff Mike and really good to hear your weekend went so well !!

I drove thru the Quinte area on Saturday and was thinking of you guys out there enjoying the beautiful weather.

See you on the water in 2 weeks

Great report Mike! It's great seeing soft water reports again....and it was made even better by OFNers getting together to share in the experience. Nice looking fish there!!! Looked like a great time. Thanks for the pics!

Great Meeting you Mike!

Looks like your weekend was well spent, filled with good times. The picture of your boots and rod is my favorite... I bet all of us have a couple like that in our photo albums...You captured exactly what it is all about!

Nice to see the pictures of the final board and prizes.

Cheers,

Jen

well done, good report. I thought i saw you guys in haybay on Saturday afternoon, I nearly yelled out "hey are you OFNCer's?" but we hooked into a couple decent walleye dragging worm harnesses and the priorities changed quickly. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.

Great report mike...glad you got into some nice walleyes,and everyone had fun,and caught some nice fish,and the weather was awsome too,glad you had a cool trip and met some members as well,thanks for sharing your weekend report and cool pics....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: