Brand new antique lures!! Coolest Christmas gift!!

I'mHooked

Finally got around to taking some pictures of one of the cool Christmas gifts I received. :clapping:

One of my uncles father used to own a bait & tackle shop somewhere in Michigan back in the 50's. When he passed away my uncle and his brothers had to clear out the shop and split the inventory between them.

Well I lucked out with a portion of that inventory that has just been sitting in a cottage closet for years. :worthy:

He said to me "These are still good to catch fish with right?"

Yah right, fat chance of getting them wet ever! :clapping:

All items brand new in original packaging.

012220131180_zpsde373705.jpg

012220131181_zps7b2ee445.jpg

012220131182_zpsab53a991.jpg

012220131183_zps4013b090.jpg

012220131187_zpsd09e9e88.jpg

012220131188_zps3a08fdbc.jpg

012220131189_zpsd217f1d4.jpg

012220131190_zps6cf449d9.jpg

012220131194_zpsc4129962.jpg

012220131196_zpsbbcfdbb9.jpg

012220131197_zps4e496cdf.jpg

012220131198_zps06a72612.jpg

012220131199_zpsd2c71051.jpg

Who's got a new favourite uncle!! :thumbsup_anim:

Good advice Roy! Collectors are going crazy with what they pay for certain items - and brand new in mint packaging just drives the price higher! Nice score - you may want to contact some of the guys on Kijiji who buy old stuff just to see for yourself what you have there.

Michael

A sinking Jitterbug? I have never seen one of those. Pretty cool. That crazy crawler in the package is sweet. Packaging in good condition can often bring as much as the lure itself. You have a cool uncle.

Edit: The meadow mouse is sweet too!

Your uncle is now my favourite uncle.

Edited by Cudz

AWESOME FIND !!!!

If ever you want to part with some , my Man Cave would be a great place for them , PM me if ever you decide to displace a few ...

If I were in your shoes , I wouldn't sell them to anyone .. but that's just me ! :)

Randy

You have got your self a couple of highly sought after lures. The meadow mouse with a leather tail and leather ears is a very rare find. The river runt spook in that color, also unique. One of the bigger prize to me would be the Musky Jitterbug poster.

Is your Uncle adopting? You are a very fortunate person to receive such items. (Nice score)!

Cheers, Ron...

Yes, I definitely feel I lucked out. :santa:

My uncle is just a fair weather angler who does a little fishing at the cottage, who has no problem grabbing a new 55 year old lure out of the box and bouncing it off some rocks looking for bass. I guess when you have more then you know what to do with, and you're not a lure aficionado, It's no big deal.

There were 4 of us in the family that each got a split, and he's got plenty more to spare!...I know who I'm taking fishing this spring! :wub::clapping:

I haven't done any research on any of them yet, but I'm guessing the Heddon's and the box of Musky Jitterbugs are pretty special.

Now the only question is, will I catch anything on them? :Gonefishing::whistling::sarcasm:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Edited by I'mHooked

I happened to find one of those lures above that had been snagged. I won't tell you which one, but it is my go-to lure when everything else fails.

I caught so many fish with it that I had to retire it. I found them on eBay afterwards--the only place where they are available and I bought several more

Very cool items to add to your collection. In terms of value, the internet has made many items drop in value due to their availability now.

Hockey cards are a prime example.

Here's a quick search I did for the arbogast lures...

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=arbogast+vintage+box&_sacat=0&_odkw=arbogast+vintage&_osacat=0&_from=R40

It's your call, but personally, I would be using a few of them, after all they may catch you a new PB!

Edited by Trouty

great looking baits! i use to throw alot of those baits. looks like the tails on those things are well intact.

i would definitely think about putting them into action, after all thats why they were made. if you oppose, i would suggest putting them into a portrait box of some sort and display them on the wall.

either way, it looks like you have a project on your hands this year.

They are some nice lures for sure. If you want to try some of them out Heddon still makes quite a few of them still. The older ones boxed and papers are the key to there value. A plastic baggy with a few moisture gel packs in a dark place will keep them from aging till you want to sell them.

Art