Watch your weenies everyone this is a crime

Handlebarz

Well the other day I went to the food basics store to get some bread milk ect. Well I saw red hots on sale so I grabbed two packs my son loves them (yes George I know there not the good ones but get he nukes em not BBQ)

Oh yeah my point here I just opened the pack and see I lost two wieners what is this world coming to selling packs of 10 hotdogs that's uncalled for So be warned they have figured out how to raise the price on wieners I guess it could have been worse they could have chopped the tip off all 12.

everything has been reduced ever so slightly with no or very little price increases. Ice cream for example now comes in strange sizes like 1.6L but you're paying for what was 2L pricing. Same with OJ, it's rampant practice in the food industries.

maybe the weeners are just trying to catch up with the deficient bag of buns...

I hear you guys there my father was a sales rep for Lipton for years and we saw alot if that but it got worse in the 90's packaging stays the same size for shelf space but the quantity was reduced. This is the first time I have seen it on hotdogs unless they were 8's

What about the cans of pop? Remember when they were the small cans? They used to go on sale for 3.99 per 24 case.... yah a whol 24 cans for 3.99 then they went to the 355ml cans and jumped in price. now the 355's are double what the 24 packs were. The other day I saw that they brought the small cans back in 12 packs for 3.99 per case of 12.

It was a pack size trick to get around other stores price matching and conceivably take their sales. Everyone else carries 12 packs, they sold 10 packs for their ad so every cheap bargain shopper couldnt run to walmart or superstore and price match. This happens a lot. The item has to be identical for us to price match.

Personally, i love having to tell customers who just piled two cases of hot dogs in their cart that they cant price match. I hate couponers and price matchers. People of walmart = them!!

Well the other day I went to the food basics store to get some bread milk ect. Well I saw red hots on sale so I grabbed two packs my son loves them (yes George I know there not the good ones but get he nukes em not BBQ)

Oh yeah my point here I just opened the pack and see I lost two wieners what is this world coming to selling packs of 10 hotdogs that's uncalled for So be warned they have figured out how to raise the price on wieners I guess it could have been worse they could have chopped the tip off all 12.

mike dont worry those type of weeenies are like twinkies. they can stand a nuke blast. great to catch up on your sodium intake lol.

Thats weird. I bought the same red hots on sale at Basics the other day and mine had 12 in the package.

Check the gram weight. 450g is a regular 12 pack. The 'sale' ones at basica were a 398g pack. It was to get around price matching, trust me. Im a manager for loblaws. The real crime is that it costs the store about $.34 per unit ... And people rush to the "steal" of a deal when they're 1.88 - only to find out they were gipped two weiners.

This is not new...back in the 50s and 60s in my waiter/bartending years beer was 10 cents a glass, then they increased the size of the glass and charged 15 cents, then they reduced the size of the glass, but still charged 15 cents...not sure what happened when they charged 20 cents a glass but I had to stop drinking early 70s...cripes knows what it cost for a glass of draught beer nowadays...I couldn't believe what it cost for a case of 24 cans of Old Milwackies that I bought for Roy's B-Day 10 years ago :tease: :jerry:

Only to find out he only drinks it from bottles... :wallbash:

We used it up making beer batter for fish fries... :angel:

Edited by Beans

PriceClub/Costco started playing games with packaging 20yrs ago. Pop came in 24 can cases. Along they come and demand 18 packs from the pop cos. We would sell a case for 4.99, they would sell the short case for 4.49 and people thought they were getting a deal. If you want to be a smart shopper, you need to know your Unit Costs. It kills me every time i see these games being played.