NEWS IS 4 RESCUED

misfish

OH ITS FINE THEY WERE PROBOBLY WEARING FLOATER SUITS !!!!!!!! Totals Bull.. My uncle always gives my crap for not wearing a floater suit. Sure they are much safer but they give people a false sence of safety and they think they can walk on water. I have been wondering all day today as to where people would go for a dunk.

Well Richy,my day was already planned. A drive to the big smoke,,for some smoked meats,,a stop at sails,,BPS then some grocery shopping. .Even made a trip to the rive for a look. YEP,made a good choice. :excl:

Sounds like a smart man . This would have been a beautiful day on the ice if it was the beginning of MARCH and we had 15 inches of ice lol.

atleast the ORO guys went swimming when they were after real fish not perchhhhhhhhhhhhh :jerry: ( kidding ofcourse)

Sounds like a smart man . This would have been a beautiful day on the ice if it was the beginning of MARCH and we had 15 inches of ice lol.

atleast the ORO guys went swimming when they were after real fish not perchhhhhhhhhhhhh :jerry: ( kidding ofcourse)

Oh the days of the last weekend out on Long Shoal,,catching some great sun rays,cooking some whitie fillets then placed on a fresh bun with tater sauce. Thats been a long time waiting.

Paramedics, fire, south simoce police, & york region police (including airboat) all responded to this incident.

Maybe the "not safe ice" reports by the media wasn't crying wolf after all.

when will people learn?

stupid :wallbash:

well the have been saying to stay off the ice every day since xmas, they were bound to get it right at some point.....

people really should have know to stay off today without hearing it on the radio

Edited by Terry

well the have been saying to stay off the ice every day since xmas, they were bound to get it right at some point.....

people really should have know to stay off today without hearing it on the radio

it hasnt been safe since xmas with the exception of vb/pb for about a week maybe. 90% of the lake still unsafe

and yes its true, it could happen to any of us. but some people just need to use better judgement.

i saw this video on youtube, i hope buddy doesnt mind if i link it.

yet they started around xmas making announcements every day that there was no safe ice in the region and continued every day since as stated

it hasnt been safe since xmas with the exception of vb/pb for about a week maybe. 90% of the lake still unsafe

Say all you want guys... there are many of us here, me included, that this could (or has) happen(ed) to at any given time. Make sure you speak up and come clean when you get wet !

Well said Wayne. I went for a February swim at the tender age of 13 while in the care of an experienced angler and a lot of ice. If it ever happens again I will most certainly fess up but this is bordering on utter insanity given the conditions last season and this season so far.

Say all you want guys... there are many of us here, me included, that this could (or has) happen(ed) to at any given time. Make sure you speak up and come clean when you get wet !

I agree that no ice is safe and anything can happen, but to me there is a difference between a freak accident and plain old stupidity. Seems like anyone with half a brain should have been able to figure out that ice that already wasn't safe probably didn't get any better with this weather.

I don't get it, continues to happen again and again.