Honda BIG RED 3 wheeler ??'s

Lunker777

I have a chance to pick up a big red trike.

I have a couple questions regarding licencing these machines... I know they have been out-lawed ... And i thought you couldn't licence one with out being grandfathered into the machine ?? ( dad passes away and leaves you the machine... type of deal )

Whats the rules or what do I need to know if Im going to buy this thing ?

Its a 250 Honda big red Trike. ..... whats the value ??? average condition for the year I guess.

I want to get it for ice fishing possibly.

Thanks for any help

I have a chance to pick up a big red trike. I have a couple questions regarding licencing these machines... I know they have been out-lawed ... And i thought you couldn't licence one with out being grandfathered into the machine ?? ( dad passes away and leaves you the machine... type of deal ) Whats the rules or what do I need to know if Im going to buy this thing ? Its a 250 Honda big red Trike. ..... whats the value ??? average condition for the year I guess. I want to get it for ice fishing possibly. Thanks for any help

I know 30 years ago I bought a brand new Honda 200S Had it for 15 years,really regreted selling it to this day.Faster than the M and Big Red but a tad smaller than the M. At that time you could really not drive it anywhere. It was a always look over your shoulder and if the authorities showed up,just make the next exit lol..Having said that growing up north of Wasaga,there were tons of trails and the beach during the spring,.fall and winter..I used it ice fishing when I had a home at Big Bay Point. Never any issues than,even when the ministry or Police stopped at my hut to see what we were doing.Private property ok obviusly,just not sure nowadays.

As far as being outlawed, I'm pretty sure they just aren't allowed to produce and sell them anymore, but anything used and still around is the same as any 4 wheel ATV, I'd say if it's decent shape and runs/ sounds fine, $1200 to $1500 is market price

I found this surfing around

In the U.S. "Manufacturing of the three-wheeler was banned in 1988, and when the decrees expired in 1998, manufacturers agreed to an ATV Action Plan in which they agreed not to market or sell three-wheeled ATV’s

Edited by chris.brock

insurance will be impossible to find ..

Isn't it law that a vehicle used on the ice must be ensured & plated ..

I know that in the eyes of our " by law " here on West Nipissing they ( trikes ) are now allowed on the street like they allow a 4 wheeled ATV ..

I used to have a Big Red 250s and a 185 , they can be very fun and very nasty ..

I wouldn't pay more than 600$ regardless of its condition ..

Randy

Okay for all those that believe you can't get insurance or plate a 3 wheeler, you can. My oldest son has a Honda Big Red 3 wheeler, it's plated and insured. I've seen the pink slip and registration. We were stopped by OPP way up in the Temiscamingue area back in the fall, he produced, they smiled and said have a nice day fellows, careful hunting.

My Uncle had a Honda Big Red 250ES that thing rocked...

most fun of all the ATVs i've been on...

Thinkng back,mine was the most fun of all,beat snowmobiling and dirt biking,recreational of course.It was a year round machine.Jiggers were the only thing else and that was 6 wheels :clapping: .

hmmm... I guess I should just call the insurance company and find out what the deal is !

I saw TWO of them on the ice last saturday.... they would have to have insurance and licence to be out there ? I mean, that is if they were following the laws haha

Just called insurance company and my girl told me I could insure it for $70/yr ????

I asked her to be ABSOLUTLEY sure because she just kept asking me... " its an atv right ?" I said yes, but a THREE WHEELER.... she wasnt 100% sure so I told her to GET 100% sure and let me know.

Currently, waiting for a phone back