Contact at Sail?

kemper

Hey OFC,

Looking for a contact at Sail - preferably someone who has more power than your average customer service rep.

I'm really unsatisfied with the way they are handling (not handling) my problem in store... I won't air it out here, unless taking it up a level gets me nowhere.

Tired of being passed around from person to person, need a # or email for somebody who will help me.

Cheers,

Braden

Haha, I would like to say I'm not surprised on that one..hope you get fixed up Kemper, not trying to start a bad thread. If it's a warranty issue on gear try me, might be able to help.

Mike

Not a warranty issue Mike, but thanks

Haha, I would like to say I'm not surprised on that one..hope you get fixed up Kemper, not trying to start a bad thread. If it's a warranty issue on gear try me, might be able to help.

Mike

Your a good guy Mike. but IMO,That was in bad taste.

Your a good guy Mike. but IMO,That was in bad taste.

you dont hear complaints from people on a weekly basis. It's crappy that Kemper is in a situation but yes it does not surprise me. BPS has good service for a large retailer and they have a few stores in Canada, Sail with 8 openings in a season..there are lot's of troubles in the customer service department.

Just my 2 cents, i dont post a lot on here like i use to and do my best to help people.

In bad taste? please :blink:

Mike

Never had an issue with Sail at all, very nice stores well layed out, and reasonable prices, i just hope they havnt gone to big to quick.

Never had an issue with Sail at all

Same here Steve, been in a couple times and was always treated very well.

Infact, we drove down to the Oshawa store yesterday so my wife could get a new pair of winter boots @ 30% off and the sales lady went out of her way to make it an enjoyable shopping trip.

Great store in my opinion.

I've been to SAIL Burlington a couple of times because it is close to my workplace. Its not a store I would go out of my way to shop at like I do with BPS. Having the hunting and fishing upstairs is enough to make me go somewhere else.

I know these Big Box stores do they're homewotk but I find it hard to believe that all these SAIL stores in the GTA can be profitable.

Since the profit margin is much higher on clothing than it is on fishing/hunting gear, that's the reason for the placement, IMO.

I personally like Sail much more than BassPro in Canada. I find pricing to be excellent. Since they have only been in Ontario in the last two years, the staff is learning as they go. In any of my dealings with Sail, I have not had one issue, and that is what I base my opinion on.

I hope you are able to achieve a solution to your issue.

Haven't stepped foot in bass pro since sail opened. Had a few issues of my own there. Plus the fact that they seem to have a knock off of nearly every brand name product they sell branded under one of their 10 -15 brands. I know business is business but when I seen bps "little Leo" right beside the classic little Cleo in nearly the same packaging and for 50 cents cheaper, that was my breaking point! They are ripping off every brand they used to build their business. In my opinion they're worse than wal mart. Not to mention sail is cheaper on nearly everything I've purchased. Sorry for the rant but I just couldn't help it.

you dont hear complaints from people on a weekly basis. It's crappy that Kemper is in a situation but yes it does not surprise me. BPS has good service for a large retailer and they have a few stores in Canada, Sail with 8 openings in a season..there are lot's of troubles in the customer service department.

Just my 2 cents, i dont post a lot on here like i use to and do my best to help people.

In bad taste? please :blink:

It comes across as disingenuous to slag the competition, regardless of what you've heard from patrons. They probably hear the same thing about your store.

Full marks for offering to help but you should have left it at that.

Misfish isn't the only one thinking it and you dismissed him. Also bad taste.

It comes across as disingenuous to slag the competition, regardless of what you've heard from patrons. They probably hear the same thing about your store.

Full marks for offering to help but you should have left it at that.

Misfish isn't the only one thinking it and you dismissed him. Also bad taste.

I've left it at that and that's the way it's going to be :) If I dislike service and remarks on a weekly basis then I have no problem sharing my sarcastic disbelief for poor service...it is a store, not a friend of mine or a fello angler, a store.

Happy New Year Slow Poke, all the best over this winternet season :)

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Imo, Sail has positioned themselves, smartly, between BPS and MEC, two totally different retail experiences philosophically and customer base-wise. Could be a smart move, only time will tell. While the atmosphere at Sail may be kind of 'quiet' I prefer it to the hyper visuals of BPS although I do shop there if I can't find anything elsewhere.

Shopping at a home grown store is also tops with me and I hope Kemper has his issues resolved promptly.

Edited by woodenboater

I have been in both BPS and Sail, I don't like BPS. It has lots of tackle and most of what you need as does Sail. Most of the people working at BPS don't know much. I mean I have asked where certain things are and the people look at you with this lost expression. I haven't had any thing good from BPS. Just found that there workers don't seem to know to much. Sail I haven't had a problem the people seem to know there stuff and where it is. Plus I found Sail had better prices for the most part then BPS.

Everytime I have been to Sail as well it is always busy. Always good deals to be had. So to say they are just going up to fast I don't agree. They know what they are doing, I know they are putting some stress on the closer tackle shops.

sail is a great store from my experiences - which have been many with my local store in burlington.

it has also kept my local tackle shops working harder to bring in tougher to find tackle that sail doesn't have...which is very smart on their behalf.

local shops may be $1 to $1.50 more on a rapala lure, but are now bringing in walls of lures that sail doesn't have.

to the consumer this means better selection and better prices.

i'll leave my bps comments to another thread.

Problem has been solved, though much too slow for my liking.

Never meant this thread to bash on sail, as I mentioned I'm a loyal customer and this was the first issue - had to do with some gift cards that weren't being honoured because they weren't activated in their system (I had all receipts with matching #'s)

At any rate, I now have my gift cards activated but will be sending an email to head office because I wasn't impressed with getting the run-around from everyone I talked with.

I'm glad you got it resolved and I think contacting HQ is a good idea.

Seems like a no-brainer... they weren't activated so you couldn't spend AND you had the receipt.

This is the kind of customer experience they want to avoid at any cost because IT DOESN'T COST THEM A DAMN THING!

I suspect your complaint will get some internal attention.