Strange year

Bob

What do you say about a year where you lose the most important thing in your life and then become a millionaire? My darling, the light of my life, lost her battle to Pneumonia and Hodgkins lymphoma on August 2nd. Last time I was fishing was with her mid June and I haven't felt much like fishing or anything else since she was hospitalised. Exactly 3 months to the day after she died, I won a million dollars on the lotto max. Damn, I wish she was still here to enjoy it with me.

My deepest sympathy for your loss.Been down a similar road of sorrow my self lately, and i know how you feel.

A wise old friend, many years ago, told me in a low moment."Paul, if you cant fight, and you cant flee,.....................flow.

Paul

My heartfelt condolances Bob, very sorry to hear this.

I hope you can somehow enjoy the money you won, although I doubt that is possible right now. Keep it safe and look forward to enjoying it in the future when you move forward with your life a bit.

Sorry to hear the news of your wives passing Bob. It sounds like you and your lady shared something special. I see far too many people stuck in a train wreck of a marriage. So sad to see people wasting there lives like that. Get through your grief in your own time, hold your head high and count yourself lucky because of what you two shared.

As far as the money goes, congrats on that.

The book of your life has began a new chapter and you are the writer. Pick the happiest ending you can.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

I don't know quite what to say Bob, the windfall is amazing and I'm happy for you.

On the other hand I'm deeply saddened at your loss, I'd like to believe that in your sorrow your wife is still somehow looking after you.

May you find some small comfort in that way of thinking.

Regards and condolences to you Sir.

Chris