Iceman Cometh.......

limeyangler

Hi all,

Woke this morning to see the lake froze over coast to coast so to speak. Was a thin crust, but it means the lakes are ready to go as soon as we get a cold snap. Wind forecast for tonite might undo some of this....but hopefully we will have a nice early start to the icefishing season....earliest i have seen since i moved here 6 years ago was November 23rd.....actually on the ice fishing on that day.

Jack had a blast throwing rocks and it was good to see our new pup...stoopid as he can sometimes be....was smart enough not to chase rocks and such onto thin ice....and responded to my commands to stay off when he seemed determined to try his luck!

Kicked a hole in the ice and a little minnow like fish popped out on the ice...I have included a picture...any thoughts what it is?

Anyhoo.....BRING ON THE ICE....cant fricken hardly wait already!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WzrQ5GkrEAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

Fired the Auger today...fired up good without much effort. Good to go.

Here's wishing everyone a successful icefishing season....LET THE GAMES BEGIN (soon)

We're still sun tanning in our swimsuits down here in the balmy south.

To be honest its not that cold here last niight was the first time its been -10C since last spring. we have had a long autumn this year...turned cold in september and never really recovered so the water has been close to freezing point now for about a month....did not take much to skim the lake.

That is a sight for sore eyes right there!...still got some days of slaying Bass in the valley to go yet. Don't forget to charge-up the x67 dood. Very much looking forward to your reports on the hard schtuff.

Jack's secret island....lol!

Not sure if it's here to stay yet Simon. we're warming up quite a bit starting Sunday.

Tonight

38.gif

• -2°C
  • 40%

Thu

08.gif

• -6°C*
  • 40%

Fri

00.gif

• -2°C
  • -10°C

Sat

02.gif

• 2°C
  • -4°C

Sun

10.gif

• 5°C
  • 0°C

Mon

02.gif

• 3°C
  • 0°C

Tue

08.gif

• 2°C
  • 0°C
  • 30%

Believe it or not Gord....I too look at the long range forecast :jerry:

Like I said...wind will get rid of what we have probably....but first cold snap we get now and the lake is done....she,so cold and it won't take much..and the temps in the near future will not be warming the lake.....that's for sure.

I'm a tad jealous.. For the first time in my life, I can't freaking wait to get on the ice. I've got a list of lakes to try and reach this season. The tough part will be finding parking somewhere close, since none of them are in my back yard and I don't have a sled or ATV.

C'mon springtime :lol:

Bah! Humbug!

Hey Simon, ... looking forward to see some new ice fishing vids ...

Cool Jd...looking forward to getting on the ice!

AWESOME! I'm still hoping to be out first week of Dec., but it's looking less and less likely. I've seen skims of ice come and go for a while now, but not looking like any cold snaps coming any time soon.

Where you at Joey? I,my thinking we will be on the ice by first week in December....secretly holding out for a week earlier than that.

I'm a tad jealous.. For the first time in my life, I can't freaking wait to get on the ice. I've got a list of lakes to try and reach this season. The tough part will be finding parking somewhere close, since none of them are in my back yard and I don't have a sled or ATV.

Awesome Dana..a convert!

Rolof has turned into a beautiful dog Simon.

:thumbsup_anim:

Yeah...dumb as hecan be is is a very handsome beast.