It was time for a new truck

lew

65ED4875-9006-46F3-B12E-520C2140807F-100-00000000B3F15C1D.jpg hey Lew I got a new truck as well 3 weeks ago a 2012 Chevy silverado 5.3V8 it also has active fuel management and will drop 4cyl if the 8 are not needed it gets pretty great mileage I'm averaging 13.3liters fuel per 100km !!!! I love my new fishing truck it pulls my 1000lb Lund like its not even there !!!!! Cheers

I average 17 MPG without the boat around town and highway otherwise.

17 US mpg = 21 IMP mpg = 13.5 l/100km

that's exactly what my 07 ram with 1.5" higher and 1" wider than stock tires gets with 75% city and 25% highway driving. i'd expect more after all the hype about the eco boost. :dunno:

time to go out and take off the fan clutch to squeeze a little more mpg out of her during the cold months...

17 US mpg = 21 IMP mpg = 13.5 l/100km

that's exactly what my 07 ram with 1.5" higher and 1" wider than stock tires gets with 75% city and 25% highway driving. i'd expect more after all the hype about the eco boost. :dunno:

time to go out and take off the fan clutch to squeeze a little more mpg out of her during the cold months...

It doesn't have a fan belt all electric. With the 3.31 gear set you can get 21 MPG but I don't know why people think we buy a 4X4 full crew cab with 2.72 gears, e locking differentials and a tow package rated at 11,300 LBS for gas mile ratings. :dunno: If I want to go far on a little gas I can chose the Cooper, 3 motorcycles or the volkswagen. when you got to tow weight the better the truck is set up the less strain you put on the vehicle and the SAFER you can tow.

Art

It doesn't have a fan belt all electric.

i was talking about my truck. i take the fan clutch (big fan attached to the front of the engine) off every winter to help with getting to operating temp quicker just like i did with the dakota. it still runs at the exact same temperature as with the fan on, but long idling isn't a good idea. i sat in a drive thru for 10 mins today and the needle didn't move.

i believe she has the 3.55 gears.